Click (metronome) bleed on direct guitar track

Digital audio workstation is a dedicated subforum for newbies to receive helpful support. ( Cubase , Sonar, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Samplitude, Digital Performer, Garageband ... )
NickV
antispam: 0

Click (metronome) bleed on direct guitar track

Postby NickV » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:17 pm

Hey everyone. I've just ran into one of many recording challenges (we all know those). Hope you can help me out with this one...
I'm laying down a guitar track in Reaper. Guitar input directly into USB interface (Tascam US122L) and the signal is processed by an amp sim.
I'm playing with a reference click track on my headphones.

After the guitar track was done, I'm listening to it and noticing the click track is somehow bleeding through on the guitar track.

- I've unplugged all microphones from the interface that could pick up on the signal from my headphones
- There are no sends/receives on the tracks
- With the guitar unplugged from the interface, the click is still bleeding through when I record a 'silent' track
- The click is not bleeding through when I unplug the headphones or mute the click track during recording
- The click track is muted when I play back the guitar track

So I think this either has to do with Reaper... or the line-out signal is somehow bleeding through on the line-in inside the audio interface.
Any thoughts?

clubZa
antispam: 6

Re: Click (metronome) bleed on direct guitar track

Postby clubZa » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:02 am

So I think this either has to do with Reaper... or the line-out signal is somehow bleeding through on the line-in inside the audio interface.
Any thoughts?

gclub download

Return to “Digital audio workstation (DAW)”