TSE X30 - Engl E530 preamp sim (free)

TSE Plugins
onqel

Re: TSE X30 - Engl E530 preamp sim (free)

Postby onqel » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:21 pm

The Andreyp wrote:Traffo is off :)

It's the first model I have ever made, but it's pretty close :P
Developer of TSE Audio Software
http://www.TSEAudio.com

The Andreyp

Postby The Andreyp » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:26 pm

How did you model hardware in your VST ? what the concept ? nice work!

onqel

Postby onqel » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:31 pm

It's circuit simulation

metalifuxx
antispam: 0

Postby metalifuxx » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:46 am

Just a little shredding with this awesome plugin. Lead and rhythm both TSE X30. Bass might be a little loud. Damn headphones, need to get me some real monitors someday when I have money again.

Les Paul with standard passive pickups. Both on the low gain crunch channels, with a TSS in front for lead track. Catharsis impulses for for both rhythm tracks, and a Carvin impulse for lead. Boost the low gain channel with a TSS and a little drive, keeping the pregain on the amp low or mid level, and it can sound like some hot rodded vintage Marshall, and you will get a nice Slash tone. Neck pickup used for lead with the tone knob backed down some.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'93 Gibson Les Paul Standard w/ 490r/490t pickups- "Wayne's World" edition Squire Strat w/ SC(made in Japan)- Soldano HotRod 50 (modded) head - 2x12 Soldano Cab (V30s) - M-Audio MobilePre USB - IK Multimedia Stealth Pedal - PreSonus Eureka
http://soundcloud.com/metalifuxx
Detroit dub rock reggae

FormSRAudio
antispam: 6

Postby FormSRAudio » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:37 pm

nice sounds metalifuxx.

I did find a complaint with the X30 last night. And I already suspected this would become an issue at some point. I think I'm going to have to reamp with it for the most part because after you get the drum tracks going, a bass amp vst and an X30 and a LE456, latency starts to become an issue because these Engl sims are sooo cpu intensive. I'm seeing them double the CPU that Revalver amps use.

I don't guess that's such a bad thing to have to reamp, but you have to wonder how much it will change your performace.

onqel

Postby onqel » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:36 pm

I'm working on the cpu issue.. it will get better(!)

srv_ray

Postby srv_ray » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:09 pm

metalifuxx wrote:Just a little shredding with this awesome plugin. Lead and rhythm both TSE X30. Bass might be a little loud. Damn headphones, need to get me some real monitors someday when I have money again.

Les Paul with standard passive pickups. Both on the low gain crunch channels, with a TSS in front for lead track. Catharsis impulses for for both rhythm tracks, and a Carvin impulse for lead. Boost the low gain channel with a TSS and a little drive, keeping the pregain on the amp low or mid level, and it can sound like some hot rodded vintage Marshall, and you will get a nice Slash tone. Neck pickup used for lead with the tone knob backed down some.

did u used your gibson on that?
what pick ups stock?
realy nice tone

onqel

Postby onqel » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Updated version at http://www.theserinaexperiment.net ..

- Stereo / Dual mode
- 26% faster code (could be good for you guys with slow cpu's)

metalifuxx

Postby metalifuxx » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:24 am

srv_ray wrote:
metalifuxx wrote:Just a little shredding with this awesome plugin. Lead and rhythm both TSE X30. Bass might be a little loud. Damn headphones, need to get me some real monitors someday when I have money again.

did u used your gibson on that?
what pick ups stock?
realy nice tone

yep, stock pickups, guitar into M-audio mobile pre.
'93 Gibson Les Paul Standard w/ 490r/490t pickups- "Wayne's World" edition Squire Strat w/ SC(made in Japan)- Soldano HotRod 50 (modded) head - 2x12 Soldano Cab (V30s) - M-Audio MobilePre USB - IK Multimedia Stealth Pedal - PreSonus Eureka
Detroit dub rock reggae

FormSRAudio

Postby FormSRAudio » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:15 am

zckumling wrote:Updated version at http://www.theserinaexperiment.net ..

- Stereo / Dual mode

hey thanks, i'll give it a shot. Every little bit helps. But just for the record i'm on a new intel quad core 2.33ghz that's not really slow (not a lot of junk to muck it up either) and more than an instance or two really started eating the cpu after drum vsti, bass, master track and the plugins that go along with that. 25% will still be a wonderful improvement though.

vicnest

Postby vicnest » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:00 am

Great amp sim!!
thank u
Vicnest's Facebook Fan page
World Metal album "Storyteller" (international version) will be released in late 2010. Promos are available on facebook.

onqel

Postby onqel » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:37 pm

FormSRAudio wrote:
zckumling wrote:Updated version at http://www.theserinaexperiment.net ..

- Stereo / Dual mode

hey thanks, i'll give it a shot. Every little bit helps. But just for the record i'm on a new intel quad core 2.33ghz that's not really slow (not a lot of junk to muck it up either) and more than an instance or two really started eating the cpu after drum vsti, bass, master track and the plugins that go along with that. 25% will still be a wonderful improvement though.

Did some more improvements on the performance today.. It's updated under the same version number..

Alu

Postby Alu » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:20 pm

There is an update available guys:

News
20. November 2009 - X30 Updated - Faster code and about 20% cpu reduction

Just check the site.
Official Site | Facebook Page
Released Plug-Ins: NRR-1 | TS-999 SubScreamer | The Anvil | SHB-1 | PTEq-1a | TSB-1 Tyrant Screamer | TPA-1 | NadIR | Emissary
Guitars: LTD Deluxe M-1000 | Ibanez MTM2 (D-Sonic + Air Norton)
Soundcard: M-Audio Profire 610
Monitors: ESI nEar 08 eXperience | AKG K141 Studio Headphones
Studio Software: Cubase 6 | Overloud BREVERB | PSP sQuad | Steven Slate Drums 3.5 Platinum | Toontrack SD2.0 | URS Channel Strip Pro | VescoFx Provoker | Voxengo Curve Eq | Voxengo Elephant 3
Studio Productions: Energy Of The Elements - Heavenly Force (EP, 2009) | Injury Broadcast - Mosh Test Dummies (EP, 2010) | Subhuman - Promo 2011 | Spreadin' Fear - Mankind (FL, 2012)

FormSRAudio

Postby FormSRAudio » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:25 pm

i've got the update, i just haven't had much time this week to play with it. Hopefully this weekend i'll get on it.

srv_ray

Postby srv_ray » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:09 am

hey everyone this is my attempt using tsx covering chimaira what you think??????

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3191838/tsx30ch ... ix_ADD.mp3

metalifuxx

Postby metalifuxx » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:50 am

This is easily becoming my new favorite high gain/crunch sound amp, specially with the recent CPU performance improvements. I am having trouble making it sound bad.
Detroit dub rock reggae

tjp84

Postby tjp84 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:20 pm

This one sounds really good! I would be really happy if you could make mac version.

Pickasso

Postby Pickasso » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:03 pm

Excellent ampsim- Thank You!

I hope Onqel will come up with more in the future- this is really good.

kruci

Postby kruci » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:34 am

tjp84 wrote:I would be really happy if you could make mac version.

+1 :mrgreen:

metalifuxx

Postby metalifuxx » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:41 pm

Donate a little bit and maybe he can save up for a MAC.
Detroit dub rock reggae

Eien

Postby Eien » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:55 am

I had finally time to test really short time this and LePous 456 model and I found both of them SO good.
This is my short clip with mixing them together with almost the state they are loaded. This is also the very first test of my brand new M-Audio Fast Track. No EQ, or compressing and very old guitar strings.

3Mb Wav clip

onqel

Postby onqel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:37 pm

I'm releasing an update very soon! There's an unofficial betarelease in my TSE X30 thread at the Andy Sneap forum on ultimatemetal.com..

To all of you who concider donating:
I recieved some donations the first day or two, but PayPal decided to close my account after I registered as a "non-profit organization", since they needed tax-papers that stated that I was running one.. The decision was "final" .. screw them :(
The amp is free afterall .. :lol:

Uncle Giga

Postby Uncle Giga » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Hey! I mainly use ABG-stuff, but this one blew me away and I'll do my best to stick with it! Who knows, I may even donate, haha!
Sorry, I wasn't the first:
(Only problem is I can't use it with my 3 Ghz AMD processor on Asus mobo. Is it the SSE2-thingie stopping the show? Works better with my 3 Ghz Intel on an oem-board...wonder why. Any ideas?)
Keep it up, you'll go far! AND THANK YOU!
...don't shoot, let them burn...

kruci

Postby kruci » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:24 pm

metalifuxx wrote:Donate a little bit and maybe he can save up for a MAC.

Metalifluxx: as far as donation is concerned, I'm always doing my duties in this regard, and I would appreciate you to keep that in mind. Plus, some people may chose to buy a Mac for the hype, but most "real" mac users are commited to their plateform and to software developpers. We accept to pay more for that (we believe that the OS is a better and more stable OS after all, and we pay a serious up-prime for that), and if you look around, you'll realise that: (1) Most of us do not use warez software (and even if I don't doubt that here, most of you guys do pay for their softs, just take a look around and you'll realize that a sensibly greater percentage of PC users use cracked softs that Mac users), and (2) most of us are always willing to congratulate good ideas with donations.

Notwithstanding the above, and outside of the context of a "donation pool" that would finance specific projects, I don't see myself giving money without trying out first, and/or having the guaranty that there will be a Mac version following my donations.

I'm however willing to commit to a donation if a Mac version comes out!

By the way, I posted a little idea in the "suggestions" forum quite a while ago... So far, NOBODY even made a comment about that.

http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7256

Instead of making others sound "cheap", come and help do something real.

Sorry for the HS guys, but I felt that this needed to be rectified.

metalifuxx

Postby metalifuxx » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:12 am

kruci wrote:
metalifuxx wrote:Donate a little bit and maybe he can save up for a MAC.

Metalifluxx: as far as donation is concerned, I'm always doing my duties in this regard, and I would appreciate you to keep that in mind. Plus, some people may chose to buy a Mac for the hype, but most "real" mac users are commited to their plateform and to software developpers. We accept to pay more for that (we believe that the OS is a better and more stable OS after all, and we pay a serious up-prime for that)...

Sorry I was just razzing you, thought you used a PC too, and knew how awesome this plugin was, and you also wanted a MAC version as well. I guess you really are MAC only. Maybe if you decide to upgrade computers, you will try out a PC to see what it's all about, and you will still be able to use your MAC (granted it's still working). Can't help you there :lol: 8) :wink:

I just think it is funny when people always say that about freeware/donation ware. "How about a MAC version..How about a PC version... How about Linux..." I would only assume they didn't put a version out for that platform is because they don't have a MAC. IF they used a MAC/Linux, and they are involved with hand coded programming (No Synth Edit/Synth Maker etc.), I would think it would be easy for them to develop the same versions right along side of the platforms during the writing process or be easily ported after one version is made (But I am not a programmer so I don't know what that all entails).

And being in the non professional (non Protools etc.) hobby side of the audio world, I keep buying PCs due to a lot of cool free PC plugins such as this one, and I know how to trouble shoot, build/tweak PCs. My friends that suddenly switched to a MAC in recent years, are always grumbling about something going wrong, and they don't even work with audio. I have nothing against MAC, I am sometimes forced to use them being a graphic designer, but I'm more comfortable and efficient on a PC. I don't find one or the other less stable (specially now that newer MACs run on Intel chips :? ). It's apples and oranges, but I think sometimes you get more oranges in the PC world. Remember 10-15 years ago when there were hardly any cool games for the MAC, and all were for PC, my MAC friends were so envious (it has changed a little since then). :-P :wink: :-|

OK, end of MAC/PC debate.

So there is going to be an updated version coming or a new plugin? I can't imagine this one getting any better.
Detroit dub rock reggae

Return to “TSE Plugins”