TSE X50 Dual Reverb Confusion

TSE Plugins
goldbloom
antispam: 6

TSE X50 Dual Reverb Confusion

Postby goldbloom » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:21 pm

From the manual:

"Dual stereo mode – Two IRs are loaded into each slot. The panning controls are replaced
by a width control that adjusts the current stereo width of corresponding pair.
Slot 1 being one stereo pair, and Slot 2 being the other stereo pair."

This can't mean a stereo IR in each slot surely. Most cab IRs are mono (and I'm pretty sure the ones in TSE x50 are ). And there's no way I can see to load two IRs in one slot.

Is it just that I should load both slots as usual and that Width 1 affects one channel (Left ?) and Width 2 affects the other channel.

I recorded a stereo track, I hard pan the track left, I muck around with Width 1, I notice that as I turn it up I hear slightly more of Slot 2 IR. I then hard pan track right, turn up Width 2, I hear more of Slot 1 IR...a glimmer of understanding...but I notice also that Width 1 affects what I hear hard panned right and vice-versa.. I'm confused..a signal diagram would be good. I'm not getting it.
Anyone know about this?

onqel

Re: TSE X50 Dual Reverb Confusion

Postby onqel » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:11 pm

Hi

When you have the "dual stereo" mode enabled the IR loaded in slot 1 will be duplicated to become a stereo (left/right) channel pair.
The width knob then determines the separation between this IR pair, 0% means both left and right input are summed together as a mono output signal and 100% means the left/right input signals are completely separated.

In practice this means that slot 1 loads the same IR for both left and right channel, and the same applies to slot 2.

We will update the manual with a signal diagram as I understand the current explanation can be a little confusing..

-John

goldbloom wrote:From the manual:

"Dual stereo mode – Two IRs are loaded into each slot. The panning controls are replaced
by a width control that adjusts the current stereo width of corresponding pair.
Slot 1 being one stereo pair, and Slot 2 being the other stereo pair."

This can't mean a stereo IR in each slot surely. Most cab IRs are mono (and I'm pretty sure the ones in TSE x50 are ). And there's no way I can see to load two IRs in one slot.

Is it just that I should load both slots as usual and that Width 1 affects one channel (Left ?) and Width 2 affects the other channel.

I recorded a stereo track, I hard pan the track left, I muck around with Width 1, I notice that as I turn it up I hear slightly more of Slot 2 IR. I then hard pan track right, turn up Width 2, I hear more of Slot 1 IR...a glimmer of understanding...but I notice also that Width 1 affects what I hear hard panned right and vice-versa.. I'm confused..a signal diagram would be good. I'm not getting it.
Anyone know about this?
Developer of TSE Audio Software
http://www.TSEAudio.com

goldbloom
antispam: 6

Re: TSE X50 Dual Reverb Confusion

Postby goldbloom » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:13 am

Thanks John, understood...the key word was 'duplicated' :D

Return to “TSE Plugins”