Emissary GUI

Ignite Amps
Fat-Alfie
antispam: 6

Emissary GUI

Postby Fat-Alfie » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:16 am

I've been using the Emissary amp quite a bit lately - fantastic amp with the kind of 'clarity' that I can only hear in S-Gear. Great work on it and thank you!

I was wondering if I was the only person who would prefer a smaller GUI; kind of front panel only. The plugin takes up quite a bit of screen space and I thought a 'rack mount' version might look pretty cool without sacrificing any function.

Please don't take this as a criticism, merely an idea.

Fat-Alfie

Re: Emissary GUI

Postby Fat-Alfie » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:30 am

Early work on a Hughes & Kettner DuoTone skin for the Emissary plugin.

Eventually, all of the blue LED illumination will be rendered in 3D to give accurate lighting effects. I don't see much point in modelling the vlaves and transformers, so the inner chassis will remain as a textures 'dummy' panel.

The plugin uses a nice big texture so I can add lots of detail to this one, although that also means lots of rendering too, as each knob uses a different images.
Emissary_H&K_01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OverRatt

Postby OverRatt » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:00 am

Seriously amazing work !
and yeah the gui is a bit too large , but not by a lot I like that it is larger than most gui I work with

Vasyl Mishchenko

Postby Vasyl Mishchenko » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:38 am

The Emissary plugin is built off the Emissary amp head by the Ignite Amps team. Reskinning the plug with a different label is like you call Peavey an ENGL. Would you feel better in that case and what's the benefit? It's inethical, I suppose. But anyways I like what you're doing to Lepou's plugs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYNaX760B-s

Fat-Alfie

Postby Fat-Alfie » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:19 am

No real benefit in re-skinning the plugin - I just do it for enjoyment and satisfaction. The same reason I play guitar, I guess. It's nice to be able to create something from nothing.

If it's considered unethical then I apologise, and will cease working on it. The last thing I want to do is offend anyone.

Could an admin close this thread please?

Vasyl Mishchenko

Postby Vasyl Mishchenko » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Well, man, I didn't mean to upset you with my post. It's just my opinion on it, if it's OK with Alu then move on. I was just thinking you didn't know Emissary is based on real hardware and if you did the whole idea in this case simply seemed a bit quirky to me. But on a differenet note I want to thank you for those awesome skins for Lepou's plugs. And your skills are indeed necessary to help PVDHP esthetise his amazing plugs. Keep it on!

Fat-Alfie

Postby Fat-Alfie » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Not upset, but just wary of offending people on here. Some other people seem very quick to criticise, and I didn't want to cause any trouble.

Thanks for your kind words about my LePou skins, I appreciate it.

I would love to create graphics for some of PVDHP's cool stuff too. He said to send him the new graphics for him to place inside the .dll, but there is no way to create new graphics without access to the original images first, as I can't tell how many steps the knobs rotate through etc etc :? Ahh well....

PVDHP

Postby PVDHP » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:40 am

You just make your own design then just send me the final resilt in one picture and then we can decide how many knob frames we have to do, how big skin has to be in overall and etc :)

PVDHP

Postby PVDHP » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:03 pm

Ok Alfie, if you want to do some graphics work, here you go :)
Knob rotation is -135 to 135 degrees.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vertibration

Postby vertibration » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:04 pm

Fat-Alfie wrote:Early work on a Hughes & Kettner DuoTone skin for the Emissary plugin.

Eventually, all of the blue LED illumination will be rendered in 3D to give accurate lighting effects. I don't see much point in modelling the vlaves and transformers, so the inner chassis will remain as a textures 'dummy' panel.

The plugin uses a nice big texture so I can add lots of detail to this one, although that also means lots of rendering too, as each knob uses a different images.
Emissary_H&K_01.jpg

Looks awesome!!!! Would this work with the Mac version of Emissary? PM you?

nctu127

Postby nctu127 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:46 am

I see exactly what you mean! reddragon88

Return to “Ignite Amps”