Alu
antispam: 6

TPA-1 preview!

Postby Alu » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:55 pm

Just to tease you guys up a bit :P

Manual:
http://www.igniteamps.com/audioplugins/ ... Manual.pdf
Official Site | Facebook Page
Released Plug-Ins: NRR-1 | TS-999 SubScreamer | The Anvil | SHB-1 | PTEq-1a | TSB-1 Tyrant Screamer | TPA-1 | NadIR | Emissary
Guitars: LTD Deluxe M-1000 | Ibanez MTM2 (D-Sonic + Air Norton)
Soundcard: M-Audio Profire 610
Monitors: ESI nEar 08 eXperience | AKG K141 Studio Headphones
Studio Software: Cubase 6 | Overloud BREVERB | PSP sQuad | Steven Slate Drums 3.5 Platinum | Toontrack SD2.0 | URS Channel Strip Pro | VescoFx Provoker | Voxengo Curve Eq | Voxengo Elephant 3
Studio Productions: Energy Of The Elements - Heavenly Force (EP, 2009) | Injury Broadcast - Mosh Test Dummies (EP, 2010) | Subhuman - Promo 2011 | Spreadin' Fear - Mankind (FL, 2012)

lomba36

Re: TPA-1 preview!

Postby lomba36 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:49 pm

Very very nice!
One question (or two ;-)), is there a class A - AB selector? And a Pentode-triode switch?
Last edited by lomba36 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings from Argentina!

redoubt9000

Postby redoubt9000 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Chills down spine, you have certainly delivered Alu... 8)
YouTube Channel: Video Game Cover Songs & Originals
Follow me on SoundCloud!

Need a Boss Pedal?
RV-5 Reverb MT-2 Distortion

Audio Interface to get you started
Delta 44 with Dual Preamp & Art Tube preamp thrown in! (Will List Soon)

chrisdodge

Postby chrisdodge » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:56 am

Yeah baby !.... it looks nice !, i'm looking forward hearing it !

Alu

Postby Alu » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:25 am

lomba36 wrote:Very very nice!
One question (or two ;-)), is there a class A - AB selector? And a Pentode-triode switch?

This one is class AB pentode mode only, since a class A would need a completely different circuit.
A class A power amp is in my to-do list, while the pentode/triode switch seems like a nice suggestion for the next version... I'll look into that, thanks.
Released Plug-Ins: NRR-1 | TS-999 SubScreamer | The Anvil | SHB-1 | PTEq-1a | TSB-1 Tyrant Screamer | TPA-1 | NadIR | Emissary
Studio Software: Cubase 6 | Overloud BREVERB | PSP sQuad | Steven Slate Drums 3.5 Platinum | Toontrack SD2.0 | URS Channel Strip Pro | VescoFx Provoker | Voxengo Curve Eq | Voxengo Elephant 3
Studio Productions: Energy Of The Elements - Heavenly Force (EP, 2009) | Injury Broadcast - Mosh Test Dummies (EP, 2010) | Subhuman - Promo 2011 | Spreadin' Fear - Mankind (FL, 2012)

Vasyl Mishchenko

Postby Vasyl Mishchenko » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:42 am

Well well well! Alu, can we look at its rear panel to see the tubes available? Great to witness this event, proud to be part of this community, grateful for all your hard work and devotion guys. God bless your days!

lomba36

Postby lomba36 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:08 pm

Alu wrote:
lomba36 wrote:Very very nice!

This one is class AB pentode mode only, since a class A would need a completely different circuit.
A class A power amp is in my to-do list, while the pentode/triode switch seems like a nice suggestion for the next version... I'll look into that, thanks.

You very kind for answer so fast Alu :)
And The little "vintageman" inside of me will be glad when those changes become reality 8)
Greetings from Argentina!

chrisdodge

Postby chrisdodge » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi,

A pure cosmetic remark : the size of the "IGNITE AMP" should be slightly smaller. and the "Engineering for the moshpit" should also be there ... to keep a common visual signature between all your amps (NRR, anvil and this new comer) IMO of course

LePou
antispam: 0

Postby LePou » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Looks great as usual. Can't wait to give it a try.
How is the CPU consumption compare to your preamp plugins ? My first unoptimised version of a push pull power amp model (phase splitter, power tube, transformer (ideal) and speaker load) was eating my CPU. Just curious how low you have been able to reduce the CPU load on this one.

Will it be possible to engaged and disegaged the speaker load ? You know it could sound a bit weird when using an IR that already contains the effect of the speaker load. In case this option is available from the rear panel of the plugins, how this affects the negative feedback ?

Sorry for all the questions, I miss our little chit-chat . :wink:

Alu

Postby Alu » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:10 pm

chrisdodge wrote:Hi,

A pure cosmetic remark : the size of the "IGNITE AMP" should be slightly smaller. and the "Engineering for the moshpit" should also be there ... to keep a common visual signature between all your amps (NRR, anvil and this new comer) IMO of course

ahah! You're right, but I think I'll keep it this way, at least for this release :D
I went for the "looks good" approach instead of the "looks realistic" approach this time, and yeah, the Ignite Amps label is huge :lol:

LePou wrote:Looks great as usual. Can't wait to give it a try.
How is the CPU consumption compare to your preamp plugins ? My first unoptimised version of a push pull power amp model (phase splitter, power tube, transformer (ideal) and speaker load) was eating my CPU. Just curious how low you have been able to reduce the CPU load on this one.

Will it be possible to engaged and disegaged the speaker load ? You know it could sound a bit weird when using an IR that already contains the effect of the speaker load. In case this option is available from the rear panel of the plugins, how this affects the negative feedback ?

Sorry for all the questions, I miss our little chit-chat . :wink:

Hey!
Well, without going into much details I can say that the plug-in is actually very easy on the CPU, which is in part dued to the optimizations I did on the oversampling algos, in part dued to the new filtering algorithms that I'm using in this plug-in for the first time, which allow me to achieve perfect analog curves (no warping, approaching Nyquist freq.) without the need of oversampling, and mostly to all the (weird!) tricks I used on the phase splitter + feedback circuit + sagging, to achieve perfect stability without adding additional delay to get rid of delay-free loops...

Regarding speaker load and feedback, I've made lots of tests on their interactions and I've finally decided to separate them into 2 different continuous controls: "feedback" and "resonance" (rear panel), so you'll be able to set the power amp behaviour according to the IR you're using.
I came to this conclusion also because of how IRs are captured and what they intrinsicly contain (you surely know what I'm talking about...). I preferred to offer versatility over anything else, because the nature of IRs makes ANY approach wrong in one way or another, in this case.

One cool thing is that the "Feedback" control can be easily implemented on a real analog circuit, it's not just a DSP trick.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions :)

Rear panel pics coming soon :P

LePou
antispam: 0

Postby LePou » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:22 pm

I came to the exact same conclusion regarding the power amp/speaker load/IR relationship, whatever your approach is your wrong in some way. So, versatility is the answer here.

So, it looks like you took care of everything... and even more. Any release date ?

Thanks for your answer

Alu

Postby Alu » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:53 pm

LePou wrote:Any release date ?

Mid July if everything goes as it should...

LightPick

Postby LightPick » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:57 pm

I want it now !!!

hand it over :tongue:

kidding ! ... really looking forward to trying it :albino: (<- see happy waiting patiently bunny !)

Alu

Postby Alu » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:49 pm

You can check the TPA-1 ass on the first post :lol:

Scottxx

Postby Scottxx » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:37 pm

Great job Alu. I think it will be awsome. How to use it ? How the vst chain will be for example? Can it be used with Nebula cabs after?

Alu

Postby Alu » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Scottxx wrote:Great job Alu. I think it will be awsome. How to use it ? How the vst chain will be for example? Can it be used with Nebula cabs after?

Guitar --> Preamp (VST/AU or hardware) --> TPA-1 --> Cabinet Sim (IRs, Nebula, etc.)

Simple as that.

gLOW-x

Postby gLOW-x » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:40 pm

I really want to try it, especially the feedback/resonance interaction with regular IRs.
I tried CabEnhancer (nice, but limited to one profile and stopped), Recabinet dynamic function (nice, but limited) and some more options, all working differently. Want to test AxeFX dynamic addition, but it is an expansive test :lol:

I only use Nebula cabs, and nothing come close...for now :wink:

Wolfen666

Postby Wolfen666 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:28 pm

I want to try it ! :-)

When you say you don't know what is inside any random IR, are you talking about the way it has been recorded ? I imagine some people have recorded them with a guitar poweramp, instead of a transparent one, so you can't tell if it is relevant to simulate the speaker load or not in your poweramp simulation...

Thanks for developing this plug-in !

Alu

Postby Alu » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:40 am

Wolfen666 wrote:I want to try it ! :-)

When you say you don't know what is inside any random IR, are you talking about the way it has been recorded ? I imagine some people have recorded them with a guitar poweramp, instead of a transparent one, so you can't tell if it is relevant to simulate the speaker load or not in your poweramp simulation...

Thanks for developing this plug-in !

Exactly.
We know how most of the IRs out there have been captured (Redwirez and OwnHammer with solid state p.a., Recabinet, GuitarHack's, Catharsis' with a tube p.a.), so once you've choosen the IR, you'll just have to tweak the resonance accordingly: high values (even 100%) for solid state IRs, low values (even 0%) for tube IRs...
I'll put some guidelines in the manual.

PVDHP

Postby PVDHP » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:44 am

Well, we will learn it deeply

dnalsiem

Postby dnalsiem » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 pm

are we there yet :cyclops:
guitarLes Paul standard Chicago blue
interfaceLexicon Alpha
MonitorsTascam VL-M3
SoftwareStudio One 2.6,Toontracks SD2.Waves V9.18
ProductionsDnalsiem-Kingdom of Dreams(LP),Dnalsiem-Pictures of the Moon(EP)Road to Dnalsiem(LP)Dnalsiem"-Tales from Mary( LP)

kindafishy

Postby kindafishy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:09 am

So, is this a high gain thing, or what? Who is this aimed at? The metal crowd or the rock/blues crowd, or the clean crowd? I'll try it out when it's done, of course... just asking...

Alu

Postby Alu » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:51 pm

kindafishy wrote:So, is this a high gain thing, or what? Who is this aimed at? The metal crowd or the rock/blues crowd, or the clean crowd? I'll try it out when it's done, of course... just asking...

A power amp is not hi-gain or low gain, it is not even supposed to distort, unless you drive it really hard.
Having control over feedback, speaker resonance and sagging, the TPA-1 is designed for every style of music, from modern metal, to vintage stuff.

dominus

Postby dominus » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:32 am

Looking forward to trying it out with my new Theta pedal.

:twisted:

PVDHP

Postby PVDHP » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:47 am

:twisted:

Return to “Ignite Amps”