Hybrit FX Chain- dual Marshall guitars

LePou Plugins
Pickasso

Hybrit FX Chain- dual Marshall guitars

Postby Pickasso » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:56 pm

Saw this idea at the Reaper forum, adapted it a bit- Created a version of an fx chain for Hybrit routed for 2 guitars (runs in stereo). Idea is to achieve a straight into Marshall tone, that can control both guitars from one instance of Hybrit, yet allow each guitar to use different cabs and combination of cabs.
Here it is if you want to try:
Hybrit_dual_guitar_template.zip

Song example:
https://soundcloud.com/pickasso/cloud-city_pickasso

Fx chain goes: noise filter/gain/more gain/Hybrit/Nadir x 2 (diesel impulses used)/highcut/TAL Reverb4 (optional)/ Channel Mixer (allows adjustment of panning, the routing setup results in 100% l/r if you turn it off)
Solo at the end also has the Mokafix Metal Clone added, and a random panning effect.

When you crank the gain on Hybrit, the notes seem to get thick and blend together, if the gain is low, there seems to be better individual note clarity. In order to get higher distortion, breaking my own rules here by way over cranking the input gain in stages. Generally I subscribe to the unity gain staging in fx chains practice, as it always seems to lead to problems, but seems to work with Hybrit. My Explorer has low output vintage pickups, so had to add a second signal boost on the chain.

Does a setup like this save cpu? Not sure. Probly not, as running a vst amp in stereo is like running 2 instances. It does simplify making adjustments.
Screenshot.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jansku79
antispam: 6

Re: Hybrit FX Chain- dual Marshall guitars

Postby Jansku79 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:23 am

That seems interesting, i tested your template in Reaper and got some nice results. Could you link the reaper forum thread about this topic as well? I would like to dig deeper into this.

edit: Found that topic. Now i just need to figure out how to replicate this in Pro tools lol. Anyone got knowledge on that?

NightWalker
antispam: 0

Postby NightWalker » Sun May 15, 2016 7:56 pm

Jansku79 wrote:That seems interesting, i tested your template in Reaper and got some nice results. Could you link the reaper forum thread about this topic as well? I would like to dig deeper into this.

edit: Found that topic. Now i just need to figure out how to replicate this in Pro tools lol. Anyone got knowledge on that?

can ya share the reaper forum thread?

Jansku79
antispam: 6

Postby Jansku79 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:09 pm

NightWalker
antispam: 0

Postby NightWalker » Wed May 18, 2016 4:59 am

Jansku79 wrote:http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=172515

There you go.

cool!!thank you.