Mesa/Boogie Mark V Amp sim PLEASE!

LePou Plugins
ruth_vyron
antispam: 6

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Amp sim PLEASE!

Postby ruth_vyron » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:57 pm

Look around the Internet but only encounter simulators mesa rectifier.
Please , I need a sound like John Petrucci , but can not find a good simulator v mark
Somebody help me! ja
!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i24e8icZG1o

jorismak

Re: Mesa/Boogie Mark V Amp sim PLEASE!

Postby jorismak » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:07 pm

There are AmpMatching patches for Bias, and there is an officially modeled Mark IV sim in Amplitube 3 / Amplitube 4.

The only other ones I know of are in the AxeFX and such.

panunggal

Postby panunggal » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:22 am

ruth_vyron wrote:
Look around the Internet but only encounter simulators mesa rectifier.
Please , I need a sound like John Petrucci , but can not find a good simulator v mark
Somebody help me! ja
!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i24e8icZG1o

This one still the only Mark V ampsim available right now.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mesa/

I own the real Mark V, so I can compare the sim with the real deal. IMO, the ampsim need more gain, I need to raise the input knob pretty high to get the right amount of gain of the real MarkV. Once I set the gain right, I find Amplitube did a pretty good job with the ampsim. I have 3 songs recorded with the real amp and 1 song with amplitube, try to blind audition with friends, and they can't tell which one is the amplitube. Well, maybe that because me (and my friends) don't have those golden ears.LoL
- Windows 10 running on Asus G750JH Laptop
- Presonus Firestudio
- Yamaha NSP 5 Studio
- Cakewalk Sonar Platinum
- Schecter Hellraiser C-7
- Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II

jorismak

Postby jorismak » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:16 am

that's a mark IV, not the V.

Amplitube tends to require a bit of raising on the input volume compared to other amp sims, maybe that's why you feel it needs more gain?

Other than that, the Mark III and IV weren't meant to be the real high-gain monsters like the Mark V and the Dual/Triple Rectifier, it feels authentic. It feels as an american crunch amp you're trying to get more out of to push it into modern territory :).

panunggal

Postby panunggal » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:10 am

jorismak wrote:that's a mark IV, not the V.

Amplitube tends to require a bit of raising on the input volume compared to other amp sims, maybe that's why you feel it needs more gain?

Other than that, the Mark III and IV weren't meant to be the real high-gain monsters like the Mark V and the Dual/Triple Rectifier, it feels authentic. It feels as an american crunch amp you're trying to get more out of to push it into modern territory :).

Actually Mark V is multiple mark series in 1 amp with fixed tone knobs (no push/pull knobs). The only new tone the new Mark V is it's Channel 3 Extreme Mode, which I don't really like. Channel 3 Mark IV mode is my favorite and Amplitube did a good job to replicate how it's sound. Is it the sim of Mark V's Channel 3 Extreme Mode are you looking for?
- Windows 10 running on Asus G750JH Laptop
- Presonus Firestudio
- Yamaha NSP 5 Studio
- Cakewalk Sonar Platinum
- Schecter Hellraiser C-7
- Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II

Return to “LePou Plugins”