Wampler pedal VST

LePou Plugins
Glam ND
antispam: 6

Wampler pedal VST

Postby Glam ND » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Maybe some of you know who is Brian Wampler ... He is one of the guru in Pedal Effects/FX mod like Keeley ... Some of these pedals are great (I got the Buffer & the plextortion)

So, he seems that he decided to try to emulate his own pedals in VST ... so for the first try, the "Cranked AC", he gives it for free

http://www.wamplerpedals.com/

Alu

Re: Wampler pedal VST

Postby Alu » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:45 pm

That's LePou stuff :wink:
Official Site | Facebook Page
Released Plug-Ins: NRR-1 | TS-999 SubScreamer | The Anvil | SHB-1 | PTEq-1a | TSB-1 Tyrant Screamer | TPA-1 | NadIR | Emissary
Guitars: LTD Deluxe M-1000 | Ibanez MTM2 (D-Sonic + Air Norton)
Soundcard: M-Audio Profire 610
Monitors: ESI nEar 08 eXperience | AKG K141 Studio Headphones
Studio Software: Cubase 6 | Overloud BREVERB | PSP sQuad | Steven Slate Drums 3.5 Platinum | Toontrack SD2.0 | URS Channel Strip Pro | VescoFx Provoker | Voxengo Curve Eq | Voxengo Elephant 3
Studio Productions: Energy Of The Elements - Heavenly Force (EP, 2009) | Injury Broadcast - Mosh Test Dummies (EP, 2010) | Subhuman - Promo 2011 | Spreadin' Fear - Mankind (FL, 2012)

vicnest

Postby vicnest » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:23 pm

cool!
Thanks for the news
Vicnest's Facebook Fan page
World Metal album "Storyteller" (international version) will be released in late 2010. Promos are available on facebook.

mba64
antispam: 0

Postby mba64 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:50 am

Thanks for the link,
This pedal is very good sounding, LePou stuff is always great. :D
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2015
Cort Bass
Fluid F5
Studio One 3

Windows 10 x64
Intel® Core™ i5-4570 3,2Ghz, 12GB RAM
Peavey ReValver Support

Agreed

Postby Agreed » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:05 am

I am a big fan of Wampler's pedals, I've got 5 of his dirts. Didn't like the compressor over my standby, the Barber Tone Press, but I haven't yet met a Wampler amp-like distortion pedal that didn't totally nail it. LePou has done a great job with this, it sounds awesome! I totally love it.

I am really, really interested in where this will lead. Wampler's pedals are made to a really high quality standard, and sound fantastic. LePou's plugins are made to a really high accuracy standard, and sound fantastic. :mrgreen:
My guitar gear review blog - Guitar hardware and software reviews and discussion for the modern musician.

LePou

Postby LePou » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:35 am

Hey Guys,

The version of Cranked AC that Brian put online is the alpha version. He didn't put the last one online. I contacted him yesterday and he said he's gonna correct this.

So, keep visiting Wampler's web site.
LePou

Agreed

Postby Agreed » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:27 pm

It already sounds fantastic, what did you do to finalize it? I'll update my blog to indicate that the right version will be up soon. Too cool, man!
My guitar gear review blog - Guitar hardware and software reviews and discussion for the modern musician.

LePou

Postby LePou » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:45 pm

IIRC, there was some strange artifacts related to a bad converged gain stage in the alpha version.
I have also added in the final package a SSE2 free version.

If you think it sounds good drop a comment on Wampler's site, Brian will appreciate... and maybe ask me to model more :wink:

Agreed

Postby Agreed » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:57 pm

As I said I am quite a fan of Wampler's pedals. I own 5 of them :D I am also quite a fan of your emulation capabilities. I definitely shot him an email commending him for the extension into the digital realm and picking a good candidate for doing the job right.

Can't wait for the final version to be finished, I wanted to get a Cranked AC but it got discontinued for some reason or another and now the only way to get one is to buy a kit from a really shady dealer and make it yourself. Not interested in doing that, but the pedal you modeled seriously sounds as good, and as amp-like as the physical hardware. I am not surprised - you're capable of creating great sounding amp models, of course I am not surprised that you can make great sounding pedals when given really nice quality designs to put together.

Basically I am stoked that you guys did this, I'm going to do everything in my limited power to see that Brian recognizes your good work here. :)

Edit: It's fixed! Grab it now guys!

vicnest

Postby vicnest » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Excellent pedal!!
It's capable of AC-30 clean, vintage crunch, and heavy distortion (cranked :twisted: )
Definitely want more :arrow:
World Metal album "Storyteller" (international version) will be released in late 2010. Promos are available on facebook.

vicnest

Postby vicnest » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:01 pm

The bypass button on this plug-in is not working when the plug-in is enabled in Sonar 8.5.
But the bypass button functions right graphically when the plugin is disabled in Sonar 8.5.
The bypass button works in Cubase.
One can always use the bypass in Sonar's effect bin to save the trouble.
To conclude: Sonar is a bitch

LePou

Postby LePou » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:15 pm

I hate Sonar... you just can't imagine !!! :evil:

Agreed

Postby Agreed » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Works like a charm in Reaper, every aspect. Sorry about the Sonar troubles, it seems like so many plugins don't play nice with that, you start to wonder if it's the plugins or the DAW y'know?

Flaming

Postby Flaming » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Agreed wrote:Edit: It's fixed! Grab it now guys!

Where is it? ? ?

I can still only download the alpha version!!! :?

Agreed

Postby Agreed » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Is it possible your browser is caching the old file since it has not changed the name, only the contents? The link is the same:

http://www.indyguitarist.com/plugin/CrankedAC_vst%20plugin.rar

Perhaps you could clear your cache manually and try again. It's definitely serving the correct file for me, with the final version, a non-SSE2 version, a picture of it, and a little manual.

Again, GREAT WORK LePou! Thanks for this :)

Flaming

Postby Flaming » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:31 pm

Agreed wrote:Is it possible your browser is caching the old file since it has not changed the name, only the contents? The link is the same:

Again, GREAT WORK LePou! Thanks for this :)

Strange... now it works, from your link and from the main link in the first thread.

I will test it right now!!!

Thank You!!!

metalifuxx

Postby metalifuxx » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:09 pm

So, how are all you using this? Are you using it before a cleaner amp sim for an overdrive or distortion? Are you using it as the amp simulation with only a cabinet after?

I find it sounds better before a cleaener/crunch type amp. I did try with a cab sim right after, but you really need some sort of power amp sim or extreme compression/saturation to make it sound right.

I guess it is more of a treble boost/overdrive pedal so it is only fitting to use it before any amp sim.
'93 Gibson Les Paul Standard w/ 490r/490t pickups- "Wayne's World" edition Squire Strat w/ SC(made in Japan)- Soldano HotRod 50 (modded) head - 2x12 Soldano Cab (V30s) - M-Audio MobilePre USB - IK Multimedia Stealth Pedal - PreSonus Eureka
http://soundcloud.com/metalifuxx
Detroit dub rock reggae

Flaming

Postby Flaming » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:25 am

metalifuxx wrote:So, how are all you using this? Are you using it before a cleaner amp sim for an overdrive or distortion? Are you using it as the amp simulation with only a cabinet after?

I use it before a clean amp to get a crunchy tone, and I use a cab IR after the amp too.

Agreed

Postby Agreed » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:01 am

It's a pedal, not a preamp :) It's meant to give your amp a cranked Vox kind of sound, so, yeah, amp required. In my case I just hit my go-to THD Bivalve patch on AT3. Bit of a lack of good freeware clean amp sims, but in this case I actually own a THD Univalve as my main amp, and I've got the patch sounding dead on like it. :)

Postby 808 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:33 am

LePou wrote:I hate Sonar... you just can't imagine !!! :evil:

Have you tried contacting Cakewalk and asking them why things that work in every other DAW cause problems in Sonar?

hardwire666

Postby hardwire666 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:42 am

LePou wrote:I hate Sonar... you just can't imagine !!! :evil:

I CAN! This is why I use Reaper now. I have lost so many projects because of Sonar.
"...it will be so dirty that if we move in next door to you, your lawn will die." ~Lemmy

Evilted

Postby Evilted » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:39 pm

I love my Wampler Plexi-Drive,curious to see what this is like,thanks for the link :)

Raffguitar

Postby Raffguitar » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:34 pm

Agreed wrote:Works like a charm in Reaper, every aspect. Sorry about the Sonar troubles, it seems like so many plugins don't play nice with that, you start to wonder if it's the plugins or the DAW y'know?

I think I know what the problem is, cause I've had these plugin problems for a long time: Sonar's NATIVE plugin format is DXi, and a long time ago they gave you a plugin converter app separately to use VST plugins with Sonar.(It basically converts your VST to DXi format). Then they began saying VST is now "native" in Sonar, when in actuality I believe they simply embedded the bad conversion app into the main program.(Cakewalk, please correct me if I'm wrong...) There's something in that code that doesn't know how to handle VSTs properly, because my VSTs all work just fine in other DAWs (not just Reaper), and is one of the main reasons I'm not really using Sonar anymore. And it seems this problem STILL hasn't been resolved. :(

Bottom line - I don't think it's the plugins.

bfloyd6969

Postby bfloyd6969 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Sorry, it's early morning for me, but all I see are the hard pedals on the link above...

LePou

Postby LePou » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:08 pm

Return to “LePou Plugins”