Head Case wide spread testing thread

AcmeBarGig Plugins
Leirbagpdl
antispam: 6

Re: Head Case wide spread testing thread

Postby Leirbagpdl » Thu May 10, 2012 12:12 am

Thanks Ken.

Its the same version 1 skin,though. I need some skinmaster upgrade this for me. =)

Ken McLaren
antispam: 0

Postby Ken McLaren » Thu May 10, 2012 10:10 am

Leirbagpdl wrote:Thanks Ken.

Its the same version 1 skin,though. I need some skinmaster upgrade this for me. =)

Thats interesting, the skin looks more clarified(if thats the right word)..

bajm6277

Postby bajm6277 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:05 pm

I'm delighted to hear your gonna revisit the skull job one head when you get a chance. The only bad thing about this is that you've made half my gear obselete. I'm sold on this modeler. When is the release date?

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Thu May 10, 2012 4:36 pm

OMG, Thats the 5 trillion dollar question haha.
At one time I had hundreds of errors to fix and options to add, which would cause problems and more errors. Then it became errors counted in the 10's, and finally now I can count on one hand the number of issues left unresolved. Unfortunately though, the issues that have been left unresolved are the hardest to find. There is a problem with the Filter cabs that has been doggin us for 5 months! I was hoping that these tests would have shed a little more light on it, but they have not. So, once that is fixed, we can officially release...

I cannot recreate the error and it only happens sometimes...

As far as revisiting heads.

All these heads from everyone should be thought of as continuously changing, multi-versioned. The idea is to have a community of like minded people that love to play guitar and experiment. So, we release Skull job, you make an edit to the way you like it, someone gets your edit and they make another edit, and so on. Something that always progresses. The home base for all this is going to be a website called the Asylum. There will be videos, text downloads, and a bunch of other stiuff all head case related. There will most likely be a compilation service there too where you can request we compile your head into a stand alone VST plugin.

Back to heas case
I am also looking forward to adding the Stomp modder to head case. With that you can also edit things like the delay pedal, the chorus, flanger, etc. There are just so many things that have already been built that I want to release but can't until we fix these last few nagging errors. The script editor, the custom coded filters, the new Curve editor... etc..
I would say HC in it current form only contains about 60-70% of all its components. The Lite version is only about 20%.

bajm6277

Postby bajm6277 » Thu May 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Can create the filter error now. Here's how :

Open headcase in Reaper (not sure that it matters which DAW your using)
Turn on filter cabs
Save preset as whatever you want to call it
Then reload the preset you just made & you will start to hear the warbling.
Reselecting the same enclosure or a different one fixes it.

The filter cabs sound way better than impulse responses in my opinion. I don't suppose the enclosure files can be converted to wav files?

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Fri May 11, 2012 1:21 am

No.. but maybe even better.. :)
Head Case complete comes with a stand alone VST plug called Consolidated cabs. This is the Cabinet interface you see in Head Case complete. That plug has the ability to create a Cabinet IR of your filter cab settings so you can use it in any convolver you want. Not just ABG convolvers. However, you need to note that some of the cabinet solutions that are available use a smaller frame size, usually around 1024. we use 2048. This can result in the cabs sounding different than what you would expect.

A lot of times 1024 is large enough however, and some times that may even sound better to you.

Thanks for the step by step, although I 'm pretty sure I followed those steps before. I'm going to try that right now...

edit:
Hmm.. I may be wrong, its been a while since I looked at that plug. It the Cab IR creation might be in the stand alone version of Filter cabs that will be available at the Asylum..

bajm6277

Postby bajm6277 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:59 am

That Consolidated cabs sounds great. I get the filter fault every time doing what i said. I notice that you have to be playing the guitar too to get it to come on. It happens in less than a minute when i start playing. Hope that helps you.

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Fri May 11, 2012 3:55 pm

Thanks man..
Yes Consolidated Cabs, I use them myself all the time. Its nice to have three cab options built into one interface. We will be sending that out to all the iFace customers as a thank you for purchasing...

bajm6277

Postby bajm6277 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Was just wondering if there is any info. or help file on the headcase builder yet. I've been messing around with changing values but really have no clue what I'm at.

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Fri May 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Not yet.. there will be a full segregated video manual though. I have to get to it.. :)

T146

Postby T146 » Sun May 13, 2012 2:44 am

I have a bunch of heads downloaded (around 20) but only about five show up in Headcase as loaded heads. When I open utility all the heads are there, but I can't open them in Headcase itself. Any ideas?

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Sun May 13, 2012 2:59 am

Head case light is set to use 5 installed heads, and 5 custom heads..
So..
Use the uninstall option for heads you don't like. When you get to 5 installed heads you do like, perform this for each one.
load each one of them in the builder and click the cusom heads button
Then click save.
This will save them as customn heads and you can uninstall them from the installed heads
Then go back to installed heads and uninstall them. This will open up the 5 installed heads slots again for you to get more.

This way it gives you a full 10 different heads..

Head Case complete does not have this limitation, in fact you can have 7000 categories of heads, and save 7000 heads in each category. Provided your computer has enough space. :)

I know the way I wrote that might be a little confusing, most people would find it that way I think. Those who read my manuals usually give up after and just email me.. haha

So if you don't understand something feel fee to ask, its not you, its me that has a gift for confusing instructions..
haha

T146

Postby T146 » Sun May 13, 2012 3:09 am

Thanks Ken!! Makes perfect sense.......

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Sun May 13, 2012 4:28 am

Make sure when the uninstaller asks you if you want to remove all associated files and grapics you say no.

sjc

Postby sjc » Mon May 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Leirbagpdl wrote:Allright: Schuldiner8100 version 2 :

with Symbolic preset

Dude there's nothing wrong with your skin, but since I'm trying to get better at making head skins I took a crack at it. Here is the distribution file & the installer so you have everything. I reccomend combing through the head in the builder to make sure I didn't screw anything up. All I did was move graphics around to fit the skin so hopefully nothing changed settings. My only complaint about my version is that the tick marks are a permanent part of the image so when the contour knob if "off" the tick marks remain. I haven't gotten good enough to work around that kind of stuff yet. The logo is a different font than yours but thats because I'm kind of hooked on this one lol..Was your logo standard script? I like your font to!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22162209/8100%2 ... 0mod-1.Zip

8100 skin mod-1.Freud.Jpg

~scott
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leirbagpdl

Postby Leirbagpdl » Mon May 14, 2012 2:52 pm

Thankyou SJC your skin is amazing SO MUCH better I guess it should be the official one for that head. Thanks=)
But can i send u my font? I like it a bit better, is more marshallesque =) Can you change it for me( personal use)? Your work is top =)

Thanks

sjc

Postby sjc » Mon May 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Is your font standard or something you downloaded? What's the name of it? I'll do my best to change it for you, but remember, I'm a surgeon with an axe, not a scalpel lol. :D

~scott

Leirbagpdl

Postby Leirbagpdl » Mon May 14, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm a surgeon with an axe, not a scalpel lol.

LOL we need mad butchers \m/ hahaha
i've just found: Lucida BT w/bold on I guess this is standart, but if you do not have i just upload it for you.
Many thanks
=)

sjc

Postby sjc » Mon May 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Couldn't find it, wanna upload? thats cool :)

Leirbagpdl

Postby Leirbagpdl » Mon May 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Uploaded + other nice fonts for you

I also use the Alexuss our something like that for the "VS1" stuff.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sjc

Postby sjc » Mon May 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Thank you for those fonts!

I uploaded the pdn (paint.net file and the flattened Jpeg. Not sure how you smoothed out that font but it has strange edges where letters connect. If you open the pdn (if u have paint.net its free) you can probably edit the poop out of it to get it like your text....or, if your ioriginal image is in layers then maybe just delete my logo and add yours. Sorry it didn't come out as you hoped it would.

Once you finalize it and drop it in the skins folder be sure to check everything lines up properly. When I was modifying this I accidently saved over my original work lol... See? I am a butcher lol.

Valvestate.zip

~scott

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Mon May 14, 2012 5:24 pm

I hate when that happens...

Leirbagpdl

Postby Leirbagpdl » Mon May 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Thankyou very much i'll give a try.

When I was modifying this I accidently saved over my original work lol... See? I am a butcher lol.

Man, sorry to hear that. What you are going to do now? Remake from scratch?

Thanks and good luck.

sjc

Postby sjc » Mon May 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Nah, I still have the pdn file that I uploaded here. I can use that to modify it if I want. I do still have the original jpeg that I uploaded earlier with the other font. That one's text cant be edited but it's no biggie. It's all part of the learning curve :)

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Wed May 16, 2012 4:42 am

UPDATE is available from the first post

Return to “AcmeBarGig Plugins”