Head Case wide spread testing thread

AcmeBarGig Plugins
mriesenb
antispam: 6

Re: Head Case wide spread testing thread

Postby mriesenb » Sun May 27, 2012 1:18 pm

Ken McLaren wrote:I cannot recreate the error and it only happens sometimes...

You know, if it's an intermittent issue which is solved by reloading a song once every (X)XX days, I would say release HC, with in the release notes this as known issue (and its workaround).

I deal a lot with security product vendors who release new firmware with new features but also including known issues. I think this is not something you can avoid a 100%. If it's a critical issue that occurs every time with every user, then that's a totally different story.

Vasyl Mishchenko

Postby Vasyl Mishchenko » Sun May 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Michael, this issue must have been handled in the HC 1.53 update A. At least I never got that.

Ken McLaren
antispam: 0

Postby Ken McLaren » Sun May 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Tetragammatone wrote:Ken, amigo, I was just thinking that it would be very useful to have an option to use different preamps that is a different set of tubes for both channels in future updates as well as in poweramps so that one can have like two amps in one which would make HC even more versatile haha :D no matter what I'm getting more and more plunged into the builder as it's a dreamcometrue for lots of guys! I've recently got my friend acquainted with headcase espeacially the builder and those instructions on its use by you and Jac so he assumed it's really intuitive and got amazed by those heads shared here on the forum...the thing is this guys has been building and modding guitar amps for 5 years and he said it's really awesome as you can come pretty close in achieving that specific amp model sound and tonality. I have to agree though I'm no amp tech/sound engineer :) Wish you all the luck man!

Throughout the development, there have been some pretty big names consulting with us. These guys were very approachable because we have not ever been known as a company that tries to model their designs. Once a tube amp guy understands the layout, they can begin to experiment a little. In a very rudimentary way, some components and where they are placed can be directly related to a real amp. An example of that is tonestack placement and cutoffs..

Whats interesting is, MMJ just did a design of an amp where the lead designer of the real amp consulted with us. He is no longer working for that company, so, I'm going to send him the head and see what he thinks...What will be interesting is if we can get him to edit it and see if he gets it any closer. If nothing else, he can maybe shed some light on the differences of his real design and how it relates to what head case's components do. That would be a fantastic article for the Asylum..

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Sun May 27, 2012 4:25 pm

mriesenb wrote:
Ken McLaren wrote:I cannot recreate the error and it only happens sometimes...

You know, if it's an intermittent issue which is solved by reloading a song once every (X)XX days, I would say release HC, with in the release notes this as known issue (and its workaround).

I deal a lot with security product vendors who release new firmware with new features but also including known issues. I think this is not something you can avoid a 100%. If it's a critical issue that occurs every time with every user, then that's a totally different story.

That issue has been resolved in the latest build.(1.53A) At least I have not heard anyone mention it since and I've asked..

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Sun May 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Tetragammatone wrote:Michael, this issue must have been handled in the HC 1.53 update A. At least I never got that.

Haha I didn't read the next post.. sorry tetra...

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Sun May 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Tetragammatone wrote:P.S.: The core point of it all is you CAN get THAT sound from within your head with the Builder which I'm f......g happy about! THANK YOU Master Ken!

Dave, Amit, Manwel, and Malcolm... too :)
It would be a zillion more years of development if I did it by myself..:)

Leirbagpdl

Postby Leirbagpdl » Sun May 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Tetragammatone wrote:Ken, amigo, I was just thinking that it would be very useful to have an option to use different preamps that is a different set of tubes for both channels in future updates as well as in poweramps so that one can have like two amps in one which would make HC even more versatile haha (...)

I was thinking something like this. If we could disengage one or more curves per channel, or change the position of tonestack per channel would be very interesting, too.

by the way, I think I found another bug (?!?!?!?) (not sure). In headcase suite, the blend knob Eq remains active even if the EQ button is not connected. I do not know if this is really a bug, but happens to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

atalwar

Postby atalwar » Sun May 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Leirbagpdl,
That Eq Knob Being visible i think is by Design.
Many times one finds even after dialing an Eq setting you need to work with cabs and stuff, so you have quick access to eq blend to A/B the tones and adjust
Once a Head Case, Always HeadCase.

Current Gear:
Guitars: PRS Singlecut Korina (SD JB set), Ibanez S470 (SD Distortion set),Pimped up Squier CV 60's Strat/BPNCS, Epiphone Acoustic,Aria Jazz Bass,

Amps/Pedals: VHT Special 6 Ultra Stack ,BlackStar 1HR Amp, SD Twin Tube, Catlinbeard DLS MKIII, Roland Cube 30x, Zoom G1Xon MultiFx, NUX OD-2 Overdrive, NUX EQ-7, Korg Exp2 Pedal, Roland DP10 pedal,

Keys: Korg Pa600 Arranger Keyboard, Korg Kronos 2 61 Key Workstation,Samson Graphite 49 Midi controller.

Recording: Shure Beta58, SM57, Nova Condenser Mic, Presonus Eris E5 Monitors,Steinberg UR44, Yamaha MG10XU Mixer, Behringer Ultra G DI100,,Paradigm Reference Speakers.
....not nuff time.

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Sun May 27, 2012 10:24 pm

atalwar wrote:Leirbagpdl,
That Eq Knob Being visible i think is by Design.
Many times one finds even after dialing an Eq setting you need to work with cabs and stuff, so you have quick access to eq blend to A/B the tones and adjust

Yep, I believe I set double click of iot to off to sort of help the A/B process..

Yeah thats possible to add.

Probably around version 1.7 or 1.8. Its a major update, but one that has had quite a lot of thought put into it already. I think you'll see that added before you see the scripting fully rolloed out. In the edit you would have two completely separate heads for each channel including poweramp. What I also had planned for that edit is a loopback mechanism. The loop back mechanism will allow you to take the output from channel 1 and loop it back into channel 2. Amit and I have already done a proof of concept on this about 2 years ago with a system called G-Spot. Although its pretty complicated in terms of internal routing, it worked great. The idea was that you could have a drive amp..

FYI:
Probably the very first set of edits after official release will be graphical. we want to be able to have grphical control layers that react based on user input. There has also already been a proof of concept on this done in the Skull job one head. As you turn the gain up the eyes light up. The eyes are a second graphics layer controlled by the gain knob. Thats is pretty rudimenrtary example, but we know it works.

There are some other edits thoughh that I think may be more important, I think the ability to completely remove knobs from the interface is important as well. At the very least make them completely invisible. I don't there is just so many ideas flowing in haha.

Leirbagpdl

Postby Leirbagpdl » Sun May 27, 2012 11:05 pm

oh all right i undestand now, Thanks for the explanations.
So if you dont want to use the eq blend is just turn it off to the far left. I thought that it was supose to be only active when you press the equalisation button ( led bright on). My bad, sorry. Cool feature anyway =)

Thanks again.

sjc

Postby sjc » Mon May 28, 2012 12:01 am

Very cool Ken! Also the knobs controlling graphics.. I was curious about that because it would be great to have tubes glow more as the amp gets pushed, and things like that.

~Scott

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Mon May 28, 2012 12:23 am

haha It gets even more experimental. I want to experiment with AVI files too. So the head skin becomes a video thats controlled by the knobs.

The sum total of all knob values determines what frame in the video is used for the head background.. :)

Vasyl Mishchenko

Postby Vasyl Mishchenko » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:40 am

Ken McLaren wrote:haha It gets even more experimental. I want to experiment with AVI files too. So the head skin becomes a video thats controlled by the knobs.

The sum total of all knob values determines what frame in the video is used for the head background.. :)

haha man it sounds promising :)
another thing I'd love to see in HC is some sort of knob/switch player to scroll through them realtime and that's a helpful feature I guess cuz selecting proper knobs/switches for a current head is time consuming in its heavy meaning, kinda pain in the ass in the way it is now haha but it's all minor compared to the joy I get from toying around with HC haha :)
oh, one more option that you mentioned a while ago and which I find cool is the ability for a user to make one's single amp .dll files within HC...
...OK, that's too much for today I agree :D

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:25 am

This is kind of unrelated, but, I was taking a break earlier from HC and doing some research, which is my favorite thing to do. I was looking at the possibility of making a plugin into a COM object. I really don't have any news to r3eport on that as I have a lot of hoop jumping to do and I was using 2.x of the stenberg SDK. I want to look at 3 and see if there is anything in there that would make that process easier to do.. In 2.4 it looks very difficult to do without doing a whole bunch of hoop jumping. I'm not really sure what the benefit would be, or even what use that would be, but thats the nature of research, once you CAN do something, the ideas and uses for it will come along and you find yourself in a new an unique area that has been untravelled.

Vasyl Mishchenko

Postby Vasyl Mishchenko » Tue May 31, 2016 8:49 pm

2qiller2 wrote:Hi, I've made a head for headcase, I know it sucks so hard, but it was my first try, and maybe i'll upload a better version later... Anyway, here it is. ver. 1 http://www.mediafire-not-allowed.com/i/?sf7mt7wbbvyo7bc

This head was basically a template for one of those I built. Thank you, my friend. It delivers!

Return to “AcmeBarGig Plugins”