Bass Amp Pro from Studio Devil !!!

All kind of Studio Devil products problems should be placed here
StudioDevil
antispam: 0

Bass Amp Pro from Studio Devil !!!

Postby StudioDevil » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi guys!

Your bass tracks get a lot of love this Christmas...
Virtual Bass Amp Pro is out, come check it out:

http://www.studiodevil.com/download/downloadVBAPro.htm

Enjoy and let us know what you think!
And have a rockin' Happy Holidays!!!

Marc, Studio Devil

immortalx

Re: Bass Amp Pro from Studio Devil !!!

Postby immortalx » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:24 pm

That's some great news for bassists! Congrats for the new product :)

strangedogs

Postby strangedogs » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Thats Good News - your Guitar Amps are awesome so I'll bet the Bassists will be happy with this one!
"well boys there's 1 more thing you're gonna need to make it in Rock & Roll besides all those Guitars and Amps and Drums and stuff - it's called A SONG..."

ARIBAI

Postby ARIBAI » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:45 pm

I tried the demo of the first version and I liked it
better than any other BASS amp sim at the time...

I didnt bought it cause i never got my own bass ( and guitars are really my thing )

but Im sure this one is a must for all of those bass owners! :mrgreen:

BTW (you can fake a bass by using specmonkey pitch shifter -1 octave in front) -- works great with SD bass sim

StudioDevil

Postby StudioDevil » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks, guys...yeah, this one is pretty cool.

What makes Bass Amp Pro different is the dual-channel mix architecture...two separate channels, each with a compressor, tube preamp, tone controls, and limiter with variable hard-soft clipping...then you can mix them together.

Now the best part is bi-amp mode, which sends the highs to one channel and the lows to the other one...with a tunable crossover frequency...this lets you distort only the highs, etc...or just lets the channel mixer be a crossover hi-lo mix...lots of variety there from very few controls...

Hope you enjoy this new demon...he's part of the SD family now!

bluesman845
antispam: 6

Postby bluesman845 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:02 pm

I'm a little late to the party but HOLY SHIT!! I downloaded the VBA about a week ago and it was instantly my favorite sounding virtual bass amp... then I just stumbled into this thread. Downloaded the VBAPro... Good God this sounds f'ing incredible! The Bass of Spade preset is an instant keeper ( chorus off 8) !

I am now 100% positive that I am going to an all software rig very soon! Right now, I am learning MainStage 3 and using that as the host for the VBAPro ( still in demo mode :oops: )... but as soon as I sell off some hardware gear, the VBA pro is getting licensed.

Interestingly, the VBA pro live app didn't work for me with my Apogee Jam... the VBA Live app did though.

What are the possibilities of something like the VBApro being ported over to iOS devices? I know the economy is over there almost mandates a low price but something that sounds this good might be able to command a good price and there are so many people already using iOS gear onstage. I have wanted to make the switch from an real rig to iOS rig but the sounds just aren't there yet IMO...
Carvin LB70 Bass ( early 90's model ), Carvin BX1200/into various cabinets, iOS based rig using Positive Grid's JamUp Pro

"The blues is the roots, the rest is the fruits" ~ Willie Dixon

Return to “Support”