EQ matching and Torpedo BlendIR

julianbr
antispam: 6

EQ matching and Torpedo BlendIR

Postby julianbr » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:16 am

I am trying to make impulses with the Torpedo BlendIR to use in a Torpedo product. What I want to do is set the output of the sine wave of BlendIR to go to an audio program like protools, reaper ect ... through a plug in like ozone. The output of the audio program goes back to BlendIR. This way I can skip the step of having to go through Voxengo Deconvolver. Something like Virtual Audio Cable or ASIO Bridge should be able to route the audio but I have had no luck yet. Any suggestions on what I might try? Thanks.

jorismak

Re: EQ matching and Torpedo BlendIR

Postby jorismak » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:28 am

Can't you process wave files? And Torpedo products can load normal wav IR's right? Why use BlendIR when you're using simple EQ matching anyway? Any 'mojo' Torpedo might be doing is lost then anyway.

For simple EQ matching I use MatcherCL. It's a simple Windows command line program. Input source WAV file, Input target WAV file, it spits out an IR wav file. And it's free :).

I have never used BlendIR. I can try to help with Daw routing, but if it's standalone, it kinda stops there for me :S.

julianbr

Re: EQ matching and Torpedo BlendIR

Postby julianbr » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:00 am

Hi jorismak. Yes I am trying to match eq using Ozone. The BlendIR program is stand alone so I have to figure out the best routing. I have tried Virtual Audio Cable and ASIO Bridge but haven't gotten it to work yet.

The reason I want to use BlendIR is because after I have ccaptured the eq curve and any additional tweeks that need to be done, I could just hit capture in BlendIR instead of exporting Wav, import in decovolver ect... Just alot of extra steps.

Anybody else have any other suggestion?

Return to “Support”