Guitar impulse + preset or just the impulse?

joaquin.herrera
antispam: 0

Guitar impulse + preset or just the impulse?

Postby joaquin.herrera » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:32 am

Hello,

Sorry about my English, it is not really good.

I just bought a new electric guitar , it is my first electric guitar, before i usually use Acoustic.

i bought ESP LTD EC-401 With EMG

What i want to do is covers from my favorites songs, so my meta is copy the sound of the bands.

At the moment i was using Guitar rig with some presets from this website, but now i discover about the guitar impulses (WOW that is so great!!!!)

My question is...... if for example i want to play...... Enter sandman from Metallica.... and i want the exactly sound... Do i need the presset in guitar rig + the Guitar impulse.... or just the guitar impulse with lecab2?

Please, if some1 can explain to me what is the best way to copy exactly the sound of a song i will be very happy

dfg2
antispam: 6

Re: Guitar impulse + preset or just the impulse?

Postby dfg2 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:40 am

joaquin.herrera wrote:My question is...... if for example i want to play...... Enter sandman from Metallica.... and i want the exactly sound... Do i need the presset in guitar rig + the Guitar impulse.... or just the guitar impulse with lecab2?

As one of the world wide leading experts regarding Metallica IRs, I think, I'm qualified to answer this: It depends on what you got and (if any) what the additional requirements are to achieve the desired result.

So you can have a GR preset with or without additional IRs, or IRs wich need a certain VST-chain and others do not.

Return to “Support”