MixIR2 issues

signar.petersen
antispam: 6

MixIR2 issues

Postby signar.petersen » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:33 pm

Hey guys.... Been using pro tools last few years with amplitube and MixIR2 with no problems what so ever but recently went back to Cubase again after a break. Manage to set all up with every VST e.t.c and got MixIR2 to work inside Cubase and it is opening all right but when i try to Drag and Drop it wont let me, every blocks are just blank. Any idea why and if i did something wrong?

In advance, thx alot :-)

Signar Petersen

mastermindjacquard

Re: MixIR2 issues

Postby mastermindjacquard » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:51 pm

you can use ignite amps nadir for free if mixir does not end up working

jorismak

Postby jorismak » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:26 am

The only thing I can imagine is that you're now using a VST version instead of some weird pro-tools format before of the plugin. You may need to check that the settings are still the same.

(Specially note that the 'home path' of your IR library and the preset-locations is still the same as in protools, otherwise it can't find the files it need)

Fat-Alfie

Postby Fat-Alfie » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:14 pm

I had this recently when I downloaded some presets from the RedWirez website. Some presets were fine and showed all my available IR files, while some others showed the same IR folders as being empty.

I have a feeling that the 'faulty' presets had an error in the .xml file but I didn't spend the time to compare working files with faulty files. It's almost like the file structure changed from one version of MixIR² to another, making previous presets incompatible.

Try creating a new setup with a blank preset and see if that helps.

signar.petersen

Postby signar.petersen » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Thanks for the comments guys and all seemed to be fine and got the right install file tho when turning to cubase again from RTAS but didnt work. Found out about the Nadir and like that much more personally :-)

jorismak

Postby jorismak » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:56 pm

If you only need one or two IRs on a track NadIR is simply awesome in its simplicity :).

But MixIR is still unbeatable when you go crazy in blending stuff.
Blending two mics of cab 1 on the left, two mics of cab 2 on the right, impedance in front, reverb at the back and a block for EQ.. .all in a single plugin, which is just great. Exporting that all in a .wav to use in all other IR loaders is what I use it for :S.

signar.petersen

Postby signar.petersen » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:39 pm

Nice.... Have alot of abilities i can see. Been playing with amplitube last 1 and a half year and just recently started out with impulses so still a brand new world to me:-) Thank for the input guys :-)

Return to “Support”