Kefir and /or lecab 2?

sebcore
antispam: 6

Kefir and /or lecab 2?

Postby sebcore » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi im getting a new computer in a couple of days...And im gonna try the impulses thing again..
Tried it before but coudnt get it to sound good.
So my question is this: Do I need Kefir and lecab ?Or just 1 of the 2?
Also what Is the order I put them in my effects in Reaper with the amp sim? Is it Kefir then le cab then amp sim??

Also is it ok to just plug my guitar in my Mobile pre usb go into Reaper?Or I need something els?
Thanks

jorismak

Re: Kefir and /or lecab 2?

Postby jorismak » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Amp sim and then lecab2. Or amp sim and then kefir. Not both, and never before the amp.

Remember to turn off any cabs the amp sim might have included (like amplitube, podfarm or th2).
Most free amp sims don't have any cabs included (since people use impulses anyway )

sebcore

Postby sebcore » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:59 pm

jorismak wrote:Amp sim and then lecab2. Or amp sim and then kefir. Not both, and never before the amp.

Remember to turn off any cabs the amp sim might have included (like amplitube, podfarm or th2).
Most free amp sims don't have any cabs included (since people use impulses anyway )

Ok thanks!

Hielkenator

Postby Hielkenator » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:30 pm

sebcore wrote:Hi im getting a new computer in a couple of days...And im gonna try the impulses thing again..
Tried it before but coudnt get it to sound good.
So my question is this: Do I need Kefir and lecab ?Or just 1 of the 2?
Also what Is the order I put them in my effects in Reaper with the amp sim? Is it Kefir then le cab then amp sim??

Also is it ok to just plug my guitar in my Mobile pre usb go into Reaper?Or I need something els?
Thanks

Ditch both and use the new Nadir from ignite amps!

http://www.igniteamps.com/en/audio-plug-ins

jorismak

Postby jorismak » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:41 pm

Crap, forgot to type that. Yes, while you are into free stuff, use nadIR.
Nothing bad about lecab2, only that it's a bit old and still has bugs (and no windows x64 vst for example). Not the best reasons since it does it job, but nadIR does it as well if not better.

Return to “Support”