redwirez+SIR2

RazorbackV
antispam: 6

redwirez+SIR2

Postby RazorbackV » Fri May 31, 2013 3:06 am

Hey guys, I'm rather new to guitar modelling, and just wondering if you guys could help me out. After owning Amplitube3 for a while now I was unimpressed by the built in cab sim, so I got into impulses. So I started out with KeFIR and got the redwirez impulse pack and started playing around. Kefir did the job alright but its mono only and I wanted to explore other impulse loaders so I settled on SIR2. What I'm having trouble with is getting SIR2 to output in stereo. Are the redwirez impulses mono only? My guitars input is stereo ans i have amplitubes input in my DAW set to stereo (I use Reaper) but no matter what impulse i load into SIR2 my only output options are mono to mono, or all channels with mono impulse. mono to stereo, stereo to stereo, and true stereo are all grayed out. I'm sure there is some simple solution here but I'm uber noob at impulses and SIR2 is a little more complex than Kefir so any help/advice you guys could give would be great!

*UPDATE: Found some stereo impulses but they were the room mics only. Any way to make the mono cone impulses stereo?

dnalsiem

Re: redwirez+SIR2

Postby dnalsiem » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:37 am

SIR2 ??? sure you dont mean Mixir2 if its Mixir2 try using 2 blocks pan one right and one left
guitarLes Paul standard Chicago blue
interfaceLexicon Alpha
MonitorsTascam VL-M3
SoftwareStudio One 2.6,Toontracks SD2.Waves V9.18
ProductionsDnalsiem-Kingdom of Dreams(LP),Dnalsiem-Pictures of the Moon(EP)Road to Dnalsiem(LP)Dnalsiem"-Tales from Mary( LP)

RazorbackV

Postby RazorbackV » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:50 am

No I mean SIR2. It's a program google it :p A few other users on here have said positive things about it so i tried it. although I might try the program you just mentioned.

dnalsiem

Postby dnalsiem » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:10 pm

in my opion Recabnet is the best the 3.5 version loads IRs,
guitarLes Paul standard Chicago blue
interfaceLexicon Alpha
MonitorsTascam VL-M3
SoftwareStudio One 2.6,Toontracks SD2.Waves V9.18
ProductionsDnalsiem-Kingdom of Dreams(LP),Dnalsiem-Pictures of the Moon(EP)Road to Dnalsiem(LP)Dnalsiem"-Tales from Mary( LP)

Xupito

Postby Xupito » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:18 pm

The best impulse loaders are Recabinet 3.5 and MixIR2 (from red Wire). Recabinet is very easy, MixIR2 offers unique possibilities. I recommend you begin with recabinet.

But one thing troubles me. It's easy work with impulses in stereo tracks, but I've never seen a stereo impulse response. Can you say where did you find them?

Cheers
Sorry for my English. I'm working on it.

bobbyfx

Postby bobbyfx » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Xupito,for you - stereo impulses - http://www.ownhammer.com/free/public-beta-redux/
Last edited by bobbyfx on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xupito

Postby Xupito » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:51 pm

bobbyfx wrote:stereo impulses - http://www.ownhammer.com/free/public-beta-redux/

Yeah, now that search for them I see that my IR libraries are plenty of stereo impulses. I feel like an idiot. LOL. :(

Well, at list what I've said about the impulse loaders soft still can be of some help :wink:
Sorry for my English. I'm working on it.

jorismak

Postby jorismak » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:25 pm

To revive old stuff :).

RedWirez stuff is mostly mono, cause it's a mono signal that gets processed to mono. Since SIR2 is really used for Reverbs, is makes the signal mono if you use a mono IR. You work with by bussing in reaper (create a track with amplitube with NO speaker emulation / IR and another two empty tracks. Right click the volume control for the amplitube track, set 'send to master' off, and add two 'sends' to the other empty tracks. Your 'preamp + poweramp' signal from amplitube now gets duplicates to the two empty tracks. You can place different IR loaders on each of those tracks to get the effect + panning how you want).

But kinda promoting Ignite Amps latest freebie: NadIR IR loader is now released, 32bit + 64bit AU for Mac + VST for Windows (I believe). It supports loading two impulses, and has mono / dual mono / stereo routing, + output balance + panning for both loaders. It gets you up and running quickly I think.

Return to “Support”