Redwirez Presets Help

basketcase
antispam: 6

Redwirez Presets Help

Postby basketcase » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi all,

I recently purchased Redwirez' 'Big Box' which includes the MixIR2 plugin. I can load up the IRs that came with it no problem, but:

1- I can't save presets (clicking on add/save in the presets menu does nothing).
2- Presets downloaded from the Redwirez site load into the blocks, but don't make any difference to the sound.

Can anyone help?

jorismak
antispam: 6

Re: Redwirez Presets Help

Postby jorismak » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:45 pm

First of all, know how mixIR works.

You can have a 'sound block' that combines a few impulses, but most people just put a single impulse in it.

Then you have 6 of those blocks and you can setup how much of each block you want (And how it's routed). Those 6 blocks together make up the preset.

So if you got a preset from the RedWirez site in .xml format, put them in the 'presets' folder and not in the 'ir blocks' folder. (Those folders are in 'my documents'\Mixir2\library\ under Windows). If you put the files in the right folder, you can click on the presets tab in MixIR, and the preset should show up in the list. Now, to load it, drag it to the middle section, and you will see that it places stuff in the blocks.

Now, please pay attention. If the file names end up being in red, it can't find the files! That means you either don't have the Cab library for that preset, of you setup your base folder wrong and not to the correct location of the Big Box RedWirez library.

Now, about saving, if I click on 'add/save', it will either create a new one 'presets' and start to rename it immediately, or (if I selected a previous preset) if will ask if I want to overwrite it or create a new one. If this doesn't happen, I don't know what's wrong. Might be something with your PC or your DAW. Make sure you got the latest version of MixIR (1.1.185 I believe).

Return to “Support”