Working with IR's and repaer

ypaul123
antispam: 6

Working with IR's and repaer

Postby ypaul123 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Do you guys happen to know a tutorial that explains how exaclty I should be routing the signals etc` from redwirez (free IR's) and reaper please ??I'm real novice here and I respectfully ask for your help.

My setup

Guitar ---> line6's UX1 -->reaper, ampltiube/guitar rig --> amp

Thank you in advance.

jorismak

Re: Working with IR's and repaer

Postby jorismak » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:59 pm

If I understand you correctly you want to use RedWirez free cab impulse-packinstead of the default cabs built into Amplitube and / or Guitar Rig.

First step is to disable the cabs in Amplitube and Guitar Rig. Guitar Rig has a little 'power' button next tot he cab module to turn it off (sound will become nasty and harsh).
Amplitube has a standby or power switch in the top right of the cab page (sound will become nasty and harsh when turned off).

In your Track FX, after Amplitube or Guitar Rig, insert the 'reaverb' effect (it's included in Reaper, and do not take the 'reaverberate' effect).

In ReaVerb (somewhere in the middle and on the left) there are a 'wet' and a 'dry' slider. Doubleclick the 'wet' slider to reset it to 0.0, and then put the 'dry' slider all the way down to -inf.

Click the 'add' button next to it, select 'file' and pick your IR file from the RedWirez pack. If the sound is _way_ too loud, you can put 'apply -18db' on or 'normalize to -18 db' that's int he dropdown box to the right of the 'add' and 'remove' buttons.
Finally, in the bottom right of the plugin you have checkboxes named 'ZL' and 'LL'. Put both on, and the plugin should run at 0 latency (you might have to play and stop the timeline for the 0-latency to become effective).

If you want to use one of the 'impedance curve' IRs that RedWirez provide together with the cab IR, you can just add another instance of 'ReaVerb' in front or behind the current one. Do the same thing (wet @ 0.0, dry @ -inf, add and select the IR file, enable ZL and LL) but this time I don't think you need to 'apply -18' or 'normalize to -18'.

Another way of doing things might be to take and install the free impulse loader from Ignite Amps (http://www.igniteamps.com/en/audio-plug-ins) called NadIR. It's a bit simpler (less clicks of the mouse :)) to select an IR file and get it up and running and has some simple high-pass and low-pass controls built in. Basic principle is the same. Load NadIR, load your Cab IR in it. Load _another_ instance of NadIR (in front or behind) and load the impedance curve IR.

Pickasso

Postby Pickasso » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:50 pm

jorismak wrote:Finally, in the bottom right of the plugin you have checkboxes named 'ZL' and 'LL'. Put both on, and the plugin should run at 0 latency (you might have to play and stop the timeline for the 0-latency to become effective).

That is super important!

Holmes2499

Postby Holmes2499 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:22 am

Thank you for your advice
Gclub

Holmes2499

Postby Holmes2499 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:29 am

Thank you for your advice