FREE MMJ Master Recording in 2 Weeks on GAM!

General Discussion about Guitar Amp modelers
MMJ
antispam: 6

Re: FREE MMJ Master Recording in 2 Weeks on GAM!

Postby MMJ » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:52 pm

Lets say we do a mix and upon playback we are trying to determine if it is good enough what do we listen for that would be "incorrect" to help us identify what needs to be done next?

listen for transient response of each instruments if say the drums and cymbals are clicky and bright but the guitar and bass is very dull this means are transient response is off we actually want the transient response to be even for each track or sound across the whole range of human hearing independent of the balance or frequency response of that rack or sound.

listen for the tonality or frequency response of each track or sound in the mix and ask is it balanced to each other? is the snare drum really bright but the kick is very dark and the guitars are too dark bu the vocals are very bright?

listen for the fine detail "atomic level" of the sound is any aspect of it off in a track or sound? say the vocals sound perfect except that the sibilance sss and tt and kkk sounds are louder than the vowels of the singing. or say in the guitars the ice pick quality of the pick on the string is louder than the note ringing out. or say the cymbals are harsh in the bright area but smooth on bottom.

next listen for the overall volume levels in the mix and adjust accordingly

MMJ

Postby MMJ » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:27 am

give me some tracks guys and ill mix em for you or we can mix em together haha like to see some people get involved in the process i can show examples of how to do tings with them

your welcome to keep anything i mix if you like it
Last edited by MMJ on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MMJ

Postby MMJ » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:28 am

Jansku79 you have some other tracks? i cant use the ones im doing for work right now and havnt had time to do any tracking lately

MMJ

Postby MMJ » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:31 am

asap im going to write a djent song for demonstration purposes on this thread

john88

Postby john88 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:23 am

Thank for Info.
จีคลับ

Return to “General Discussion”