Simple Recording software wanted

Digital audio workstation is a dedicated subforum for newbies to receive helpful support. ( Cubase , Sonar, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Samplitude, Digital Performer, Garageband ... )
metallikit

Simple Recording software wanted

Postby metallikit » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi Guys,

since i use Win7 i can't work with the cubase version i already have. but that's ok, beacuse i'm not a pro and it's too difficult. so now i'm looking for a simple recording software to work with. i would like to play on backing tracks with guitar rig. i just installed avs audio editor, but i can't get GR to work. it's in the list, but it won't make any sound.

ideas? thx

Demonrob
antispam: 6

Re: Simple Recording software wanted

Postby Demonrob » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:13 pm

Try audacity its free, and it should work.

Pickasso

Postby Pickasso » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:38 am

Have you considered:

http://www.reaper.fm/

metallikit

Postby metallikit » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:32 am

thx guys.

reper works fine, but only fpr a couple of weeks.

audacity wouldn't add guitarrig.
Need more beers...

bobbyfx

Postby bobbyfx » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:19 pm

metallikit

Postby metallikit » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:24 pm

thx for the link, but the freeware-programm doesn't find the gr4-dll file in the plug-in- and fx-folder.
Need more beers...

bobbyfx

Postby bobbyfx » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Open Reaper and go Options then Preferences - VST Add..(find the folder with gr4-dll file) then re-scan,restart Reaper.That's it, you're done!By the way after 60 trail days, reaper will be running in full mode forever...only will shows one window for 6 seconds before running without restrictions...

metallikit

Postby metallikit » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:17 pm

allright. now it works. thank you very much sir.
Need more beers...

harzoglups

Postby harzoglups » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi

If you just want to play over a playback and record the whole thing, Guitar Rig alone is enough.

Just open your playback in TAPEDECK PRE, chose the file you want to record into in TAPEDECK POST.
Switch on the SYNC button and start your record --> the playback will be launched automatically thanks to the SYNC.

Now just play and everything will be recorded.

Brother Charles

Postby Brother Charles » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:37 pm

MIXCRAFT is unbeatable for ease-of-use *AND being full-featured. You can buy the standard version for only $75.

I wrote a full review and published detailed videos about it.

Mixcraft Pro Studio 6 Review – Huge Performance, Mild Price
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite
"Supporting and promoting independent audio software developers."

PelzR

Postby PelzR » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:21 am

Another simple recording software is Kristal Audio Engine or (alternatively) Studio One Free, which could be considered as the successor to Kristal. Both are free.

Insomniac

Postby Insomniac » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:45 pm

Audacity is great.
REAPER is the best :D

hardwire666

Postby hardwire666 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:59 am

I have used them all exceot Pro Tools. I own Reaper and Reason 7. I still always go back to Reaper.
"...it will be so dirty that if we move in next door to you, your lawn will die." ~Lemmy

Technicak

Postby Technicak » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Reaper is cool, but far from "Simple Recording software".
Audacity needs vst-bridge plugin for vst plugins, I don't like that idea, it can be very buggy.
And no MIDI. Also Audacity GUI looks awful to me.

I think the best answer for "Simple Recording software under Windows OS with VST support" is
MIXCRAFT.

On the other hand, easy tasks ( like one described here ) are easy to accomplish in any DAW.
So it's more question about personal taste and budget.

hardwire666

Postby hardwire666 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:10 am

Reaper is pretty simple while it may have some crazy things under the hood. Pretty much just install, double click, create a track select an input and press record. Doesn't get much simpler than that, esp when it has an open ended non restrictive trial.
"...it will be so dirty that if we move in next door to you, your lawn will die." ~Lemmy

jorismak

Postby jorismak » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:04 pm

Kinda agree. If you buy Reaper for personal use / small business use it's like.. 50 bucks?

Although personal taste is a thing, and not all software 'is made for everyone' (as in, you might not 'click' with Reaper, sure, you never know) the basics are simple enough.

If you don't count the regular 'play', 'stop', 'rewind', and 'record' buttons (they should be simple enough) you should need to know the 'create track' button, 'arm for recording' button and the 'track fx list' button and... file->Save and file->Render.

Any things like 'ASIO settings' you get with any kind of recording software... there are a lot of other options and buttons. But as long as you don't understand the description in the tooltip, just don't use the button. The basics are simple and will get you far :).

When you're slowing learning more, you'll discover that Reaper is just as powerful as most DAW software out there, if not more powerful. And the bunch of built-in FX - although ugly looking - are extremely useful and good sounding, and contain a lot of stuff other DAW software requires expansion-packs for or 3rd party plugins.

Some people don't 'click' with it, sure. That's always a thing.. but you don't get 'bad' software by buying Reaper, it can and will serve you for years to come :).

For the low price, you're kinda expected to get help and support in the community though. Don't expect a support staff or phone number to call if you have problems, that's what forums are for. If stuff like that is important for you, you may need a more expensive commercial solution.

jannytra

Postby jannytra » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:50 pm

I would also vote for Reaper - just getting used to it and love it (previously Cubase 5 LE, bundled with audio interface). The workflow seems very natural to me, also comes with bunch of handy plugins and the pricing is just incredibly generous (60dollars right now for personal use) + that 2-month full trial to test it before you buy it :)

But like jorismak and others said, it depends what everyone likes - good thing about Reaper, you can all test it with the trial :)

forart.eu
antispam: 0

Postby forart.eu » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:19 am

Of course, there's Sony Acid Express too: http://www.acidplanet.com/downloads/xpress/
>>Forward Agency
In progress we (always) trust.

RIchard Dalton

Postby RIchard Dalton » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:17 am

Dont over think it man the only difference between software is workflow go for what is easy for you to understand.

Reaper is cheap work flow is simple and works well no rocket science degree to understand it

Cheers
Richard Dalton
© rooArt 360

forart.eu
antispam: 0

Postby forart.eu » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:57 am

RIchard Dalton wrote:Dont over think it man the only difference between software is workflow go for what is easy for you to understand.

Reaper is cheap work flow is simple and works well no rocket science degree to understand it

Reaper is cool, but not that "simple"...

Sonic Foundry products (now Sony) are fastest&simplest - at least according to my experience - to learn/use under Windows.
>>Forward Agency

In progress we (always) trust.

Return to “Digital audio workstation (DAW)”