New USB interface - which one + what software to choose

Beginners is a dedicated subforum for newbies to receive helpful support.
holmerz
antispam: 6

New USB interface - which one + what software to choose

Postby holmerz » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:22 am

As the title states I'm out to get a new USB interface, but with so many to choose from I find it difficult. I'm currently using a jamvox monitor, and it works allright, but it's kinda old, so I'm looking for a new one within the 100$(euro) price range.

I'm looking at an iRIG HD 2 because it's compatible with both PC and iPAD, and I get Amplitube 4 for free, I have only tried the demo, which I find rather limited, but it seems to be decent, but with potential of draining your wallet further!

On the other hand I'm interested in the Focusrite Scarlett solo 2nd gen, because I heard a lot of good stuff about it, and it comes with Bias FX as 1 of 4 pieces software if purchased in december.

Then again, I have just tried Guitar Rig 5, and it has given med the best sound of the software titles I've tried so far, maybe besides S-gear, which I tried some time ago, but the demo period has expired, so I haven't been able to compare.

I'm not sure what I should go for, so any pointers would be appreciated.

\Erik

Pickasso

Re: New USB interface - which one + what software to choose

Postby Pickasso » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:03 pm

I don't know about the interface, I would be more interested in a usb 3.0 interface, although the only I can seem to find is the Zoom.

For software, besides all the free stuff, I would check out Kuassa.com. Really the best I've tried for me, and they have a great sale going on right now. Download the demo, give it a shot. Creme if you're into heavy stuff, Vermillion is more Fenderish.

holmerz
antispam: 6

Re: New USB interface - which one + what software to choose

Postby holmerz » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:11 pm

Thanks, I'll give those a try.

\Erik

Return to “Beginners”