Active pick ups

Beginners is a dedicated subforum for newbies to receive helpful support.
dushan
antispam: 6

Active pick ups

Postby dushan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:08 pm

Hi to everyone,i bought new guitar LTD EC401 which is with EMg 81 and 60.I have also focusrite scarlet 2i4.i record in reaper.so i have two question.shall i put my guitar to H-Z input on scarlet or in microphone input.I noticed that when i put it into H-Z input then i need only very small amount of gain on scarlet but sound is very dirty and more bassy.When i put to non H-Z input then i need much more gain in scarlet but sound is better.Second question:when i have 32 bit operation system but procesor is for 64bit platform,shall my plugins and DAW be 32 bits or 64 bits?thankx for advices Dushan

Pickasso

Re: Active pick ups

Postby Pickasso » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:56 pm

Answer for both would be a matter of preference.

Input- it's what sounds better. Usually hi-z is better, in your case with active pickups- either way could work. If you are clipping, or it sounds distorted, lower the pickup height, or try the 18v mod for your emg's. (very easy), also check that your battery has charge left.

32 bit daw vs 64 bit daw- sound and tone is exactly the same. Difference is the amount of memory the vst can access. I stick with 32 bit because there seems to be less issues when running older plugins- less buggy issues.
Test it both ways, go with the best sounding, most stable (for me- hi-z + Reaper 32 bit)

gUsTaV

Postby gUsTaV » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:57 am

If you have a 32 bit OS, you cannot run a 64 bit daw host in it, only 32 bit.

dushan
antispam: 6

Postby dushan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:51 am

Thanks for your advices.When i will want run on 18V then I must have 2 bateries,am I right?But where can I put the second battery,there is no place for second one in cavity on my EC 401?...

Pickasso

Postby Pickasso » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:54 am

Do you mean there is not enough space to fit 2 batteries?

or there is not a connection?

I would consider rerouting the battery connection to the larger volume/tone knob electronics cavity. Go to Radio Shack or hardware store and buy three 9 volt connectors, and wire them together so it connects to the existing battery connector. Like so:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=941907. Fairly easy to do, easy to go back to 9v, also easy to compare both setups.

Return to “Beginners”