Amplitube 3 disables all sound sources

All kind of IK products problems should be placed here
lestet74
antispam: 6

Amplitube 3 disables all sound sources

Postby lestet74 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:03 am

Good day to all. First of all sorry for may poor english.

I've troubles with Amplitube 3.

With the installation of the new 64-bit Operative System (first Win 8.1 end then Win 10), when the Amplitube program starts, it disables all other sound sources; it disables all the various media players (VLC, windows media player etc. etc.) and all the programs sound effect. When amplitube 3 starts, I can only hear the sound of my guitar via the amplitube program.

I didn't have this kind of problem with the old 32-bit OS (Windows XP), when I used to play my guitar (with Amplitube 3 of course) on tracks played by a media player or, for exemple, by Guitar pro 5.

What can I do to solve this problem?
I want to play my guitar with Amplitube while I play song with other programs!

- My sound-card is a Realtek with 64 bit driver

- I use my Ibanez plugged to pc via the line-in (blue hole) at rear panel of my sound card panel.

- I use asio4all driver on Amplitube 3

Pickasso

Re: Amplitube 3 disables all sound sources

Postby Pickasso » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:40 pm

You could try in windows 10:

Right click windows icon, click control panel, select 'sound'. Right click on your soundcard, select properties. Under the advanced tab, uncheck the boxes relating to 'exclusive mode'. See if that does anything.....

lestet74

Postby lestet74 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:55 pm

Pickasso wrote:You could try in windows 10:

Right click windows icon, click control panel, select 'sound'. Right click on your soundcard, select properties. Under the advanced tab, uncheck the boxes relating to 'exclusive mode'. See if that does anything.....

Nothing. It doesn't works. :(

I think the problem is the Asio4all drivers; when are active,they exclude the directx one end so all the other sound sources.

But,,, why this didn't happen with win XP?

Anyway thanks a lot for your tip!!!!!

jorismak

Postby jorismak » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Make sure your default samplerate in Windows is set to the same samplerate as ASIO4ALL uses / Amplitube3 uses.

Make sure to uncheck 'exclusive mode' in the ASIO4ALL settings as well.

Stop using line-in level inputs for instrument-level inputs.

lestet74

Postby lestet74 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:15 pm

jorismak wrote:Make sure your default samplerate in Windows is set to the same samplerate as ASIO4ALL uses / Amplitube3 uses.

Make sure to uncheck 'exclusive mode' in the ASIO4ALL settings as well.

Stop using line-in level inputs for instrument-level inputs.

Where can I find the uncheck 'exclusive mode' box in the Asio Control Panel? I think this is the problem solution!!!!!

jorismak

Postby jorismak » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:56 pm

in the control panel of ASIO4ALL... Don't have any more to tell you, it's been to long since I had to use ASIO4ALL.

In the little dialog box that you use to tell ASIO4ALL which inputs and outputs to use, you can set a device to exclusive mode or not. Maybe this was only on older versions of ASIO4ALL and stuff changed by now. Are you sure you're using the latest versions? 2.12?

But don't underestimate setting the samplerate all the same. An audio device can only be opened in one samplerate-setting, and if all Windows applications try to access the device with different settings than ASIO4ALL / Amplitube, it won't mix.

Pickasso

Postby Pickasso » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:52 am

Does the Realtek unit have an ASIO driver you can use?

lestet74

Postby lestet74 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:23 am

jorismak wrote:in the control panel of ASIO4ALL... Don't have any more to tell you, it's been to long since I had to use ASIO4ALL.

In the little dialog box that you use to tell ASIO4ALL which inputs and outputs to use, you can set a device to exclusive mode or not. Maybe this was only on older versions of ASIO4ALL and stuff changed by now. Are you sure you're using the latest versions? 2.12?

But don't underestimate setting the samplerate all the same. An audio device can only be opened in one samplerate-setting, and if all Windows applications try to access the device with different settings than ASIO4ALL / Amplitube, it won't mix.

The sample rate of the windows devices and Amplitube is the same.

Still I can't find the dialog box to disable the ASIO exclusive mode.
This is the image of my Asio4all control panel;

Asio4all.jpg

where's the dialog box?

Thanks for your tips and patience
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lestet74 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

lestet74

Postby lestet74 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:28 am

Pickasso wrote:Does the Realtek unit have an ASIO driver you can use?

I'm not sure, but I think no...

All the windows devices work with Directx drivers!

jorismak

Postby jorismak » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:14 am

Pickasso wrote:Does the Realtek unit have an ASIO driver you can use?

No, the Realtek 'unit' means his onboard audio, they don't have ASIO support natively

lestet74 wrote:All the windows devices work with Directx drivers!

Well, technically it's called WDM drivers, but to be clear: Not all Windows devices work that way.
That is one of the reasons why people always say to use a proper audio interface when you want to hook up your guitar or instrument instead of plugging it into your audio card.

ASIO4ALL is meant to create something if all else really doesn't work. Not a proper solution. The fact you're plugging your guitar straight into a line-in will also cause problems down the line.

But... this all has nothing to do with the fact other applications can't use the audio device at the same time, because that is a problem you can get whatever audio device you use :P.

To the question asker; I've looked around, and it appears the 'exclusive mode' has been removed from ASIO4ALL quite a few versions back, and it is now never 'on'.. so you can't disable it, because it isn't there anymore.. so that can't be the problem.

Could you - to be sure - make a screenshot of your Amplitube audio settings, your Windows default playback audio settings (that dialog box where you set the default samplerate and such). Maybe it helps forcing the Realtek to 16bit, and then setting your default-Windows-audio-settings to also use 16bit 44.100?

Also, did you try if it makes a difference which application you start first? If you _first_ start playing a movie or a music file, and then - while it is playing - start Amplitube, what happens then?

lestet74

Postby lestet74 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:03 pm

jorismak wrote:
[...]
Could you - to be sure - make a screenshot of your Amplitube audio settings, your Windows default playback audio settings (that dialog box where you set the default samplerate and such). Maybe it helps forcing the Realtek to 16bit, and then setting your default-Windows-audio-settings to also use 16bit 44.100?

Also, did you try if it makes a difference which application you start first? If you _first_ start playing a movie or a music file, and then - while it is playing - start Amplitube, what happens then?

If I first start a movie or music file and then, while it's playing, I start Amplitube 3, the movie/music file stop playing (but the program doesn't quit: it is'silenced') and i can hear only Ampli3 sound.

The images you ask me:

Asio settings.jpg

Line in.jpg

Speakers.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jorismak

Postby jorismak » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:05 pm

Pff.. You kinda got me stumped. It _should_ work like that. I've got no clue how to fix this now if this doesn't help.

I can only try to suggest a workaround: You can download Reaper and trial it / demo it. Reaper is an audio-workstation / DAW / studio-software. Basically a multitrack recording suite, and it has support for VST plugins (and Amplitube is also a VST plugin, besides the standalone application). So you can run Amplitube _inside_ of Reaper as it were.

The thing is, Reaper has different audio options and you can put it to 'WASAPI' mode (which basically is a DirectSound version for low-latency / direct mode). So you can forget about using ASIO4ALL and use Reaper in 'WASAPI' mode or even try 'DirectSound' mode (but watch the latency / delay!) and see if that works better for you.

lestet74

Postby lestet74 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:29 pm

jorismak wrote:Pff.. You kinda got me stumped. It _should_ work like that. I've got no clue how to fix this now if this doesn't help.

I can only try to suggest a workaround: You can download Reaper and trial it / demo it. Reaper is an audio-workstation / DAW / studio-software. Basically a multitrack recording suite, and it has support for VST plugins (and Amplitube is also a VST plugin, besides the standalone application). So you can run Amplitube _inside_ of Reaper as it were.

The thing is, Reaper has different audio options and you can put it to 'WASAPI' mode (which basically is a DirectSound version for low-latency / direct mode). So you can forget about using ASIO4ALL and use Reaper in 'WASAPI' mode or even try 'DirectSound' mode (but watch the latency / delay!) and see if that works better for you.

Ok, I'll follow your suggestion.

I'd like to thank all of you guys for your tips and your ... waste of time.

Thanks to all!!!!!! :cheers:

Return to “Support”