I need to maintain the sound longer.

All kind of problems should be placed here
Booker
antispam: 6

I need to maintain the sound longer.

Postby Booker » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:38 pm

When i make a bending or something with vibrato the sound finishes to soon, in my amp i can make longer bendings but in guitar rig i can´t do it.
Any help?

Raknaar
antispam: 6

Re: I need to maintain the sound longer.

Postby Raknaar » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:53 pm

Real amps usually add more sustain before adding noticable distortion when turning up the gain compared to amp sims, but there are some things you can do in software to get longer sustain. Most importantly, if the sound level going into your computer is too low this can be easily fixed by increasing the input on your interface or the control labeled "in" at the top of the guitar rig window. Another thing would be to turn up the gain (volume, gain, or distortion depending on which amp) which would also increase the distortion, which may or may not be desirable. If you want more sustain without added distortion, I'd recommend using the "Stomp Compressor" model under the dynamics tab before the amp. A compressor can be used to increase sustain because it can even out volume differences between the beginning and end of a note, increasing the volume of the end of the note in relation to the start of the note. There are other compressors that can be tweaked more to shape the sound dynamics but stomp compressor is the simplest one to use and works well enough for simply adding sustain.

Return to “Support”