Donations

Off-topic
Ken McLaren
antispam: 0

Donations

Postby Ken McLaren » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:20 pm

Well guys, its that time of year again, time for me to ask you all to donate something to GAM for XMAS. I know I don't need to tell you all that GAM (although small in comparison with other sites like KVR), plays a major role in shaping the future of this technology. Every company that has ANYTHING, to do with Amp simulation frequents here. New developers and in fact companies get their start here, and many noobs to digital guitar become pros here.

Now that some "overly aggressive and negative" member(s) have been removed, it's getting back to normal and productive conversations are starting again. I and many others look forward to the future conversations we will have, and the stunning ideas you all will come up with in future.

This is an important place that Brohym has created for us, but in the end its you guys that make it what it is, and because of GAM your ideas are known by the people that will craft the next generation software.

So make a donation to GAM already you cheapos :)

jorismak
antispam: 6

Re: Donations

Postby jorismak » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:25 am

sure... where? :)

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:21 pm

HAHA good point...

NightWalker

Postby NightWalker » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:23 am

hey Ken what happen to your website?

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:11 am

Well..
We sort of got tired of the problems we were having with the web in general. So, my focus shifted from trying to make a better web experience to trying to figure out how to get rid of it entirely. So, it has ended up that there's little motivation to get it back up and running. Instead, I'd like to implement some of the ideas we had about replacing it. For example, Dark web based self distributing software that handles its own sales of itself, by itself.

I would love to build this thing, but, I am not very motivated for development of any kind these days. (Every so often I go through times where software development is the last thing I want to do) :)

Return to “OFF TOPIC”