No Fractal Axe FX posts?

Problems should be placed here
Tinine
antispam: 6

No Fractal Axe FX posts?

Postby Tinine » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:14 pm

Sorry, newbie here....kinda expected there to be a TON of posts in this group(?)

chrisdodge

Re: No Fractal Axe FX posts?

Postby chrisdodge » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:04 am

From my side, I've a Kemper, and it is far better ... :D I'm joking of course.
But the fact is Kemper or Axe-FX have already a very active forum. So, I am not surprised of the lack of post here. You can address far more people on their own forum.

Furthermore, KPA and axe-fx are pricey beats that most guys here cannot affort (especially compared to software Amp simulation)

Tinine

Postby Tinine » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:11 pm

chrisdodge wrote: Axe-FX have already a very active forum. So, I am not surprised of the lack of post here. You can address far more people on their own forum.

Hmmm, just a bit leery of a forum where the admin is the owner of the company that makes the product :wink:

I am not interested in those units anyway. More in to GR5 and AT2 myself.

RIchard Dalton

Postby RIchard Dalton » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:22 am

chrisdodge wrote:From my side, I've a Kemper, and it is far better ... :D I'm joking of course.
But the fact is Kemper or Axe-FX have already a very active forum. So, I am not surprised of the lack of post here. You can address far more people on their own forum.

Furthermore, KPA and axe-fx are pricey beats that most guys here cannot affort (especially compared to software Amp simulation)

There also not as great as some ppl choose to speel off about its more of a my Cocks bigger than your Cock attitude with these guys 8)
© rooArt 360

PVDHP

Postby PVDHP » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Yeah man, I still hear difference between these axes, kempers and tube amps in a blind test.

shasha
antispam: 0

Postby shasha » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:29 pm

Tinine wrote:
chrisdodge wrote: Axe-FX have already a very active forum. So, I am not surprised of the lack of post here. You can address far more people on their own forum.

Hmmm, just a bit leery of a forum where the admin is the owner of the company that makes the product :wink:

I am not interested in those units anyway. More in to GR5 and AT2 myself.

I bought the Ultra in '08 and the AxeFXII a few months after it came out. You know why? Because most of the differences that were made were based on the things that the community had talked about whether in requests or just through BS'ing with each other.

But the best part is that it really is a lot like this community is where it's all about helping each other, but just imagine if you asked a technical question and instead of having some knucklehead like me try to figure it out for you that the guy who designed it answered you. Of course the time between bug reports and fixes being released is the smallest I've ever seen with anything and I think that is because the owner of the company who is the designer of the product and the developer of the programming is a member of the forum. Plus he's just like any of us when it comes to what motivates him; he's just got a set of skills that enables him to make the stuff that we fantasize about.

The only threads I've seen moderated by anyone were done by other admins and because it was either someone talking about illegal stuff or it was just highly inappropriate. With that said Cliff is an active member of the forum and he doesn't believe in being flowery when he posts; it's direct and to the point and it's all about conveying the information....so there are some people who think that he's being short with them. He's short with everyone and everything that he posts; even when it's some new groundbreaking idea he has had and is telling us about. So when someone says something that is wrong and he corrects them it's going to be short and to the point as well.

The truth is that there have been some people that don't like the idea of the owner of the company being a member of the community. I for one love it. I ask a question and I know that I'm going to get a response from the source. I know that if someone thinks up a really cool idea and it gets some people buzzing about it that if it is possible it will be integrated into the system. I know that if something is just not as good as it can be whether it's the GUI or layout or a control or even the accuracy of a particular amp that the guy who does the programming is going to be aware of it and usually fix it.

Return to “Support”