Free acoustic guitar simulator impulse response.

News
rivethead

Free acoustic guitar simulator impulse response.

Postby rivethead » Sat May 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Hello fellow Guitar Amp Modeling members. I've managed to create an impulse response that alters the sound of an electric guitar into a reasonable facsimile of that of an acoustic guitar. I'm offering the IR that I created for free as a gift. You can hear an example of the effected sound at this address:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7626289

To hear the sound without effects please listen here:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7626291

You can find the actual impulse response at this address:

http://www.mediafire-not-allowed.com/?sharekey=9ef0 ... f6e8ebb871

You may have to boost the signal a bit after loading the IR. I use the Classic Compressor set to the acoustic guitar preset for this. Thanks for reading and I hope that you enjoy it.
The Guitar Player's IR Pack is now available. omtaudiotools

stillborn

Re: Free acoustic guitar simulator impulse response.

Postby stillborn » Sat May 23, 2009 3:47 pm

I like this.Very well.

Ken McLaren
antispam: 0

Postby Ken McLaren » Sat May 23, 2009 6:10 pm

Wow! YOUR TIMING IS INCREDIBLE...I am just about to post the release of Tribe which was designed with this exact purpose in mind....Great I have to check this out, I think I'm gettin a woody!

Ken

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Sat May 23, 2009 8:13 pm

I just tried this impulse in our Tribe Amp and seems to work pretty well. We would be interested in knowing your technique for creating it..
Here is where you can get our Tribe amp for you to try it..
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5831

Thanks for the impulse. This is very well done. The only thing I think we need to add to Tribe is a body width type of mechanism. We may be able to do this by adding a second line into the existing filter, and a line around the filter. We may be able to blend the lower frequencies separate. Currently Tribe passes the entire signal through the filter. thereby cutting out the higher range.

strangedogs

Postby strangedogs » Sat May 23, 2009 9:54 pm

That was amazing! Closest thing to an actual acoustic I've ever heard. Amazing my Boy! McBarGig and you should get together...
"well boys there's 1 more thing you're gonna need to make it in Rock & Roll besides all those Guitars and Amps and Drums and stuff - it's called A SONG..."

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Sat May 23, 2009 10:03 pm

Yeah I was amazed too. I just went here to post Tribe and found that impulse...Amazing..Tribe and this IR file are the closest I have heard as well. Still not perfect, but at least we know that it can be done.
KM

Pickasso

Postby Pickasso » Sun May 24, 2009 12:48 am

Thanks, Rivethead. It sounds very convincing. :mrgreen:

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Sun May 24, 2009 12:55 am

Pick, we need to find out this technique...
KM

rivethead

Postby rivethead » Mon May 25, 2009 12:40 am

Thanks for the comments everybody.

Ken, I applaud all of your efforts and your drive to deliver new and interesting plugins. I think that your Red Shift pickup replacer is brilliant and it allows me to convert my strat's pickups into emgs which are more suitable for that chugga chugga kind of thing, and it gives my guitar much more sustain. It sounds especially sweet using it with Poulin's Solo-C amp sim.

I tried using my impulse response with your new Tribe release, but couldn't quite get a sound that I was happy with. As a clean amp, Tribe is great, but when I run my impulse response through it, it seems as though the IR is not represented fully as it is in say KeFir or Boogex. Maybe I'm not using Tribe to its fullest, but I just downloaded it a little while ago, so may not be aware of all its capabilities.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavors, and look forward to all of your future releases.

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Mon May 25, 2009 1:47 am

In Tribe and RedShift we do something a little different. They both attempt to eliminate the original signal, and replace it with what is presented on the IR. So, thats why the sound difference is stark between the two. But now you know that, maybe you can do some experimentation with your IR for use in Tribe. I'd love to hear what you come up with, as would I'm sure everyone else. You did a great job on this IR..
KM

Metafis

Postby Metafis » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:08 am

Hey guys.

Can you please enlighten me, how exactly do I use this impulse? I have Revalver3 and Voxengo Boogex, which I normally use to load impulses. Do I just load this impulse into Voxengo? Or there is a different method?
Ibanez RGD2127 (BKP MM set) | RG2620 QMSP (BKP Nailbomb bridge) >> FAS AX8 >> SPL Crimson | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The most extreme amp modeling - www.mercuriall.com

rivethead

Postby rivethead » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:34 pm

Hello Metafis. The IR can be loaded into Boogex like any other IR, but the Low Pass filter needs to be extended past 12khz in order to get the full effect of the IR. Of course, the tone, drive, and dynamics should be set to O.
I tried to load the IR into the demo version of Revalver, but it doesn't seem to work in there at all for some reason.
Good luck.

Metafis

Postby Metafis » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:50 am

Thank you for the tip. Will try this as soon as I have time. :arrow:
Ibanez RGD2127 (BKP MM set) | RG2620 QMSP (BKP Nailbomb bridge) >> FAS AX8 >> SPL Crimson | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The most extreme amp modeling - www.mercuriall.com

Dexter_prog
antispam: 6

Postby Dexter_prog » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:06 am

Sorry to revive this old thread, but this impulse is brilliant. Any news on this? Has anyone gotten around to make it even better?

Ken McLaren

Postby Ken McLaren » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:33 pm

Man I have been trying to get back to it..This is as far as I got with Tribe ii using this impulse...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/TribeAcousticDemo.mp3
I'd love to work on this some more and build tribe into Head case...
KM

ACole

Postby ACole » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi guys! I'm new here. I really like the IR. Does anyone still have this acoustic guitar impulse response? Cause the uploaded expired! :( Thank you in advance.

residentour

Postby residentour » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:04 pm

ACole wrote:Hi guys! I'm new here. I really like the IR. Does anyone still have this acoustic guitar impulse response? Cause the uploaded expired! :( Thank you in advance.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49863600/Acoust ... Sim_dc.wav

ACole

Postby ACole » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:40 pm

residentour wrote:
ACole wrote:Hi guys! I'm new here. I really like the IR. Does anyone still have this acoustic guitar impulse response? Cause the uploaded expired! :( Thank you in advance.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49863600/Acoust ... Sim_dc.wav

Thank you very much, residentour!!
You really made my day!!
I've just discovered the impulse response... It is a new world... lot to learn! And you guys from Guitarampmodeling are great!

myconsumerclub

Postby myconsumerclub » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:57 am

starting to hang out here and saw this cool ir concept and was wondering if there is a usable link? the one on the first post is dead.

DieselJoe

Postby DieselJoe » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:25 pm

myconsumerclub wrote:starting to hang out here and saw this cool ir concept and was wondering if there is a usable link? the one on the first post is dead.

How about the one in the last post before yours? :wink:

xxxxxxxxxx26

Postby xxxxxxxxxx26 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:29 pm

hello friends, someone that upload this impulse, thank you

Chipih

Postby Chipih » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:51 am

rivethead wrote:Hello fellow Guitar Amp Modeling members. I've managed to create an impulse response that alters the sound of an electric guitar into a reasonable facsimile of that of an acoustic guitar. I'm offering the IR that I created for free as a gift. You can hear an example of the effected sound at this address:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7626289" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To hear the sound without effects please listen here:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7626291" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can find the actual impulse response at this address:

http://www.mediafire-not-allowed.com/?s ... f6e8ebb871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; >>> This Links is not responding well <<<

You may have to boost the signal a bit after loading the IR. I use the Classic Compressor set to the acoustic guitar preset for this. Thanks for reading and I hope that you enjoy it.

Return to “News”